Ultra Electronics - USSI Engineering Technician in Yaphank, New York
The Engineering Technician is responsible for technical support of engineering development programs. Also provide in-process testing, final testing, and debugging of circuit boards, electronic assemblies and systems as required.
- Test prototype assemblies and systems
- Troubleshoot down to the component level
- Test fixture design and fabrication
- Work closely with the principal engineer to provide technical support for new product development
- Act as a liaison between engineering and production test
- Bread board design and fabrication
- Load software for system testing.
- “Ring out” electronic assemblies to wiring diagrams or wire lists prior to system testing.
- Report unusual and/or recurring faults and failures to management.
- Return defective components to Quality Assurance
- Write in-process test procedures.
- Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
- 5+ years of experience in electrical/electronic testing or development
- Associates in a technical discipline.
- 3+digital electronics and computers.
- 3+ years of bread boarding and prototyping skills.
- 5+ years of experience in reading and interpret schematic diagrams.
- 5+ years of fundamental electrical and electronics theory.
- (Will consider internships as part of experience)
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline is desirable
- Power conversion/power supply experience desirable.
- Strong analytical skills
- Thorough knowledge of electrical/electronic components and test equipment
- Experience with high power circuits a plus.
- Self starter
- Strong computer skills
EMS Development Corporation is an established supplier of specialist power supplies and degaussing systems for the electromagnetic silencing of naval vessels. It also provides transformer rectifier units, high voltage power conversion sub-systems and a wide variety of magnetic and power components. It also provides specialist military and civil human-machine interface (HMI) solutions, including: displacement and force joysticks; hand grip controls; trackballs; encoders and simulation equipment; cockpit equipment. Ultra Electronics is a UK-based defense, aerospace, cyber security, energy, and transportation products group. Ultra manages a portfolio of specialist capabilities, generating highly differentiated solutions and products by applying electronic, mechanical, and software technologies in demanding and critical environments to meet customer needs.
We offer medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, health savings accounts, paid time off, and a 401(k) plan with a Company match.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60–1.4(a), 60–300.5(a) and 60–741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Reasonable accommodation statement: If you need an accommodation for any part of the application process, please email [Click Here To Join]
Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: Yaphank, NY
Job Type: Engineering Government - Federal
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 1/14/2019