US Census - 2020 Census Taker in Warsaw/Western New York Region, New York
JOB: BECOME A CENSUS TAKER & Get Paid to Help Your Community.
In advance of the 2020 Census, the U.S. Census Bureau is recruiting thousands of people for temporary jobs across the country.
These positions provide the perfect opportunity to earn some extra income while helping your community. The results of the 2020 Census will help determine each states representation in Congress, as well as how certain funds are spent for schools, hospitals, roads, and more. This is your chance to play a part in history and help ensure that everyone in your community is counted!
1) To be eligible for a 2020 Census job, you must:
2) Be at least 18 years old.
3) Have a valid Social Security number.
4) Be a U.S. citizen.
5) Have a valid email address.
6) Complete an application and answer assessment questions. (Some assessment questions are available in Spanish. However, an English proficiency test may also be required.)
7) Be registered with the Selective Service System or have a qualifying exemption, if you are a male born after Dec. 31, 1959.
8) Pass a Census-performed criminal background check and a review of criminal records, including fingerprinting.
9) Commit to completing training.
10) Be available to work flexible hours, which can include days, evenings, and/or weekends.
11) Have access to a vehicle and a valid driver's license, unless public transportation is readily available.
12) Have access to a computer with internet and an email account (to complete training).
Interviews respondents to collect survey or census data as required 2020 Decennial Census.
1) Receiving detailed training on each field operation to which assigned.
2) Learning the nature, scope and objectives of the operation and specific procedures to be followed.
3) Receiving assignments which involve locating households and conducting interviews with respondents, explaining the purpose of the census, asking questions as worded on census device, and recording data on a census device.
4) Meeting with supervisor at specified times for reviewing and turning in work and receiving procedures and clarification of instructions.
5) Maintaining records of hours worked, units produced, miles driven, quality control results, and expenses incurred in the performance of duties.
6) Responsible for the accurate and expeditious completion of each assignment.
7) May be required to participate in recruiting and testing activities, such as distributing flyers or scheduling and administering the testing of job applicants for various positions within designated area.
The Census Bureau is an equal opportunity employer.
If you are a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. armed forces and were separated under honorable conditions, you may be eligible for veterans preference. For more information, visit the U.S. Office of Personnel Management Veterans Preference page.
READY to APPLY?
If you meet these qualifications, take the next step toward joining our team! The application process takes about 30 minutes. You will need to provide your Social Security number, home address, email address, phone number, and your date and place of birth.
You must apply at: https://2020census.gov/jobs
If you have problems completing your online application, please contact the Help Desk by phone at 855.562.2020 and select option 1.
INVITATION to MEET WITH US at an OPEN RECRUITMENT:
WHEN: Wednesday 10/2/2019 & 10/9/2019, 10AM - 2PM
LOCATION: DOL CAREER CENTER
448 North Main Street
Warsaw, NY 14569
(2nd single story light brown/brick building on the hill)
INVITATION to MEET WITH US at the upcoming Livingston County Job Fair:
WHEN: Tuesday 9/17/2019, 4-6PM
LOCATION: Livingston County Government Center, 6 Court Street, Geneseo 14454