Suez-Na Wastewater Project Engineer in Wantagh, New York
WE'RE LOOKING FORWastewater Project Engineer
Employment typeRegular / Permanent
Wantagh, NEW YORK
Who we are?With 90,000 people on five continents, SUEZ is a world leader in smart and sustainable resource management. We provide water and waste management solutions that enable cities and industries optimize their resource management and strengthen their environmental and economic performances.
SUEZ in North America operates across all 50 states and Canada with 6,700 employees dedicated to environmental sustainability and smart and sustainable resource management. The company provides drinking water, wastewater and waste collection service to 6.4 million people on a daily basis; treats over 600 million gallons of water and over 450 million gallons of wastewater each day; delivers water treatment and advanced network solutions to 16,000 industrial and municipal sites; processes 55,000 tons of waste for recycling; and rehabilitates and maintains water assets for more than 4,000 municipal and industrial customers. The company is a subsidiary of Paris-based SUEZ.
Who are we looking for?
· Bachelor Degree in Civil/Environmental/Chemical Engineering
· State of New York professional engineering certification/license is desirable
Work Experience Needed:
· Minimum of Five (5) years water/wastewater or public works environment related work experience
· Knowledge of wastewater treatment processes, pump stations and sanitary sewer system design and operations
· Knowledge of construction techniques and procedures
Special Skills/Abilities Needed:
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with all employees
· Must be able to prioritize and work simultaneously on several projects
· Ability to perform within a team atmosphere
· Ability to shift priorities and effectively perform under pressure and deadlines
· Excellent computer skills
What will you be doing?
Under direction of the Engineering Manager, the Wastewater ProjectEngineer will be primarily responsible for engineering and technical services activities at the SUEZ Water Long Island (SWLI) Nassau County Project, including three (3) WWTPs with a total capacity of 150 MGD, 3000 miles of sanitary sewers within the collection system and 54 lift stations, all serving approx 1.05 million customers. This position will be responsible for process control support at the three (3) advanced WWTPs, process modeling, engineering designs, construction management of assigned projects including the wastewater treatment plants, lift stations, collection system, and safety related projects. This will include technical assistance to operating personnel on capital project management and operational improvements, preparation of feasibility reports, preliminary/conceptual designs, sketch plans and outlines.
Nature & Scope-Principal Areas of Responsibilities:
Routine responsibilities include:
· Preparation of engineering studies, evaluations and technical memos
· Provide technical assistance to operations and maintenance teams, including troubleshooting, identifying alternatives and solutions for improvements
· Develop scope of works and cost estimates for projects
· Coordinate scheduling and managing interface of construction with operations
· Develop project concepts, alternatives, scopes, schedules and budgets
· Coordinate projects with external contractors including vendors, engineering consultants and contractors
· Provide inspections and coordinate and oversee construction and performance tests
Non-Routine responsibilities include:
- Emergency call outs and back-up services to operations as required
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
- Suez-Na Jobs