Avangrid Service Company Construction Manager in Vestal, New York
Provide management and responsibility for performance of Field. Construction Managers for the construction and commissioning of electric lines and substation projects.
Determines the contract resource requirements, service specifications and manages contractor performance.Work with Field Construction Managers related to coordination of field inspections and sign offs for construction projects including environmental or agricultural
Ensure all functional testing is complete at job sites in preparation of commissioning of the facilities.Manage performance of outsourced Construction companies to ensure adherence to safety, quality, schedules, budgets, cost effective means and methods.
Ensure projects are delivered on time and under budget. Develop, review, and evaluate contracts and agreements affecting the project execution and functional area operations and make appropriate recommendations.
Responsible to ensure compliance with permit conditions.Lead resolution in a timely manner to proactively resolve problems and coordinate activities with the field construction managers.
Responsible to works with project team ensure that construction management is integrated into the planning, scheduling, cost tracking, construction, installation, sequencing and testing and commissioning, and acceptance activities.
Ensure Field Construction Managers obtain all construction materials and material handling plans are established and properly managed and reported.
Responsible for the coordination of construction schedules with the other functional areas within the company. Provides constructability feedback on electrical, mechanical, protection and civil construction standards.
Research, recommend, and implement changes as necessary to be aligned with AVANGRID Standards and Business Area goals and objectives.
Responsible for timely resolution of disputes and prioritize business requirements to ensure projects are completed on time and under budget.
Provide accurate inputs related to the budget process to providing field estimates, resource needs, and oversight of the construction budget.
Participate in the construction projects negotiations and joint planning efforts with other utilities. Lead overall site activities address or remedy electrical system emergencies as necessary.
Proactively identify construction risk during the planning, execution and construction phases and eliminate risks and execute risk mitigation plans.
Perform special studies, alternatives and risk analyses and cost estimates as necessary.Adhere to company policies, programs and procedures as well as Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP), Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC), New England and New York Independent System Operators
Safety: Maintain safety awareness and ensure contractors comply with all safety policies, practices, and procedures to assure a safe working environment at the construction site. Properly wear and care for applicable safety gear and equipment. Identify and communicate unsafe conditions to Contractors, Project Manager and assure safety concerns and issues are resolved.
Ensure all field construction managers are managing the project and construction resources within the schedule and budget.
Skills and Requirements
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Must have a valid Driver's License
- Must be willing to travel to construction sites on a day to day basis, attend meetings
Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Construction Management with 7 years relevant experience preferred.
- Associates Degree with a minimum of 10 years relevant experience or High School/GED with the completion of the relevant progression program and 15 years relevant experience required.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive related electric utility industry experience, with electric line or substation facilities construction management experience preferred.
- 3 years experience in a supervisory capacity preferred
- Extensive knowledge of construction management practices applicable to electrical utility lines and substation construction including commissioning of electrical equipment.
- Extensive knowledge of interconnected electrical system operations.
- Knowledge of government regulations, including OSHA, NESC, NEC and industry codes affecting electric utilities.
- Knowledge of contract preparation, negotiations and administration.
- Working knowledge of budget preparation and administration.
- Demonstrated ability to make competent decisions in emergency situations.
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret mechanical/electrical drawings, and technical manuals.
- Excellent written and verbal communications, including correspondence, reports, and other business documents.
- Working knowledge of best practices in safety policies and procedures.
- Effective leadership Skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Develop Self & Others
- Empower to grow
- Collaborate and Share
- Be a role model
- Focus to achieve results
- Be agile
AVANGRID employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties.
AVANGRID's employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this link
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 203-499-2777 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Nearest Major Market: Binghamton