Indium Corporation Analytical Lab Technician I in Utica, New York
Analytical Laboratory Technician I.
Full time for Indium Corporation in Utica, NY.
The Analytical Laboratory Technician I is responsible for conducting chemical analysis of incoming samples for their elemental concentrations according to established procedures and regulations ensuring quality standards are met and maintained.
* Log and distribute incoming samples of materials
* Operate analytical instrumentation to analyze samples for their elemental concentrations
* Follow established procedures and regulations
* Notify proper personnel when a known spec is out of compliance, and send all production results to the QC department
* Document activities legibly in notebook(s) before summarizing them on lab report sheet
* Calibrate/standardize instruments when and where needed
* Maintain a clean uncluttered work area
* Attend all required safety training and follow all safety policies and procedures
* Perform other duties or special projects as assigned
* Associate's degree in Chemistry.
* Bachelor's degree in the Sciences preferred.
* 3 years experience in a chemical/analytical laboratory.
* Demonstrated ability to train others.
* Knowledge of safe handling of chemicals and laboratory equipment.
* Willing and able to work overtime, including occasional Saturdays, as needed .
* Knowledge of spectroscopic instrumentation a plus.
* Experience with wet chemistry techniques a plus.
* Good communication, computer and organizational skills.
* Basic math skills.
* Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
TO APPLY: Apply online https://www.indium.com/corporate/careers/
Indium Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action and Minority/Female/Disability/Protected
Veteran Employer. We provide a drug-free work environment and a full benefits package. Interested
candidates are encouraged to apply. This position is eligible for the Employee Referral Program