Novartis Pharmaceuticals Oncology Sales Specialist–Syracuse - Remote in Syracuse, New York
799 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
Are you a high performing sales contributor who is passionate about sales and motivated to operate in an ‘unbossed’ culture? Then we invite you to come have a conversation with Novartis; a place where you could promote breakthrough life-changing cancer medicines within the oncology community and have a positive impact on the lives of everyday people. It is a very exciting time to join our team as we lead the way in creating positive customer experiences and introduce new products to the market.
The Specialist will be responsible for delivering sales performance and promoting product(s) within the Oncology or Hematology portfolio of Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation, one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world and a pioneer in Oncology.
We are seeking professionals with a deep level of commercial acumen who are curious, life-long learners, lead among their peers, proactively and continuously aspire to serve customer needs, and readily adopt digital tools to couple customer & data insights to maximize sales opportunities in competitive markets.
Personal integrity, compliance with Novartis values and behaviors and all compliance policies, teamwork abilities, and a customer focus are necessary.
• You are a leader amongst your peers and embrace the diversity and strengths of others. Collaborate cross functionally in each geography as ONE team. Demonstrate influential leadership amongst peers and internal stakeholders to build & achieve shared goals. Display a high level of self-awareness, a passion for learning, an ability to inspire those around you, and a willingness to challenge the status quo and embrace change to optimize execution.
• You have the ability to drive sales performance in competitive markets. High level of confidence to deliver messages in a clear and compelling way to customers, effectively handle objections, and close every call with a with a commitment to action to drive changes in behavior. Continuously demonstrate deep understanding of territory market landscape, competitors, market segments/dynamics, product, clinical data, and anticipate environmental changes and challenges to optimize execution. Develop and execute a call plan to achieve goals and maximize access and sales opportunities. Incumbent will be required to promote a highly technical and innovative product portfolio to a sophisticated audience.
• You role model business acumen & an account leadership mindset to serve customer needs. Continuously demonstrate a high level of account knowledge and ability to influence a broad set of external stakeholders/healthcare providers to improve patient care. Strong understanding of the local healthcare system landscape, EMRs, pathways, and PA-claims processing. Account Management mindset and ability to develop and execute account level plans. Enterprise mindset and ability to think and work outside direct area of responsibility. Create and build long-term partnerships external stakeholders.
• You consistently use digital tools & apply data based insights to enhance sales execution & performance in an increasingly competitive and connected world. General knowledge of current and future digital marketing and sales platforms to engage customers (i.e. dynamic targeting, insights gathering). Comfort in using sales data reporting tools to understand trends and coupling with customer insights to identify territory & customer growth opportunities in a fast changing environment. Demonstrated use of social media platforms to gather customer insights to drive tactical execution and enhance the customer experience. Strong agility to move between non-digital to digital settings. Strategic use of non-personal tools to deliver customized customer experiences.
Oncology Sales Specialist–Syracuse - Remote
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Oncology experience preferred, but would consider 3 years specialty / diagnostics, devices selling
• Some formal training in Data / Digital tools is a plus
• Bachelor’s degree required. Minimum 3 years of specialty pharmaceutical, biotech, diagnostic / medical selling experience required.
• Ability to travel over a broad geography is required (including air travel). This position requires the ability to drive within an assigned territory by automobile (and in some territories to travel by airplane).
• Some territories will require regular airline travel and over-night stays in order to perform the essential functions of the job; most will at least require occasional airline travel and over-night stays for training or other business purposes. Ability to travel, including overnight travel, is a fundamental requirement for the job.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills required with strong ability to organize and prioritize.
• iPad and computer literacy (i.e., Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is necessary.
• Candidate must be properly licensed and able to safely operate and drive an automobile in order to perform field calls on customers; must have a driving record deemed safe by the Company.
• Position will be filled at level commensurate with experience.
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.