SCO Family of Services Behavior Specialist/Social Work Supervisor in Suffolk, New York
o Is trained in all aspects of restraint techniques, crisis intervention and behavior management. Provide immediate therapeutic crisis intervention in order to provide structure and discipline in line with policies. o Assists in the implementation of prescribed individualized behavior treatment plan as defined by the treatment team and/or the Committee in Special Education. Monitors and overseas classroom implementation of plans. o Participation in team meetings and CSEs to develop treatment, obtain information and provide feedback/input as necessary. o Participation in PBIS/Team o Participation in IRC meetings o Provide support to staff members on an ongoing basis as well as during potential and actual crisis. o Models calmness and assurance in order to set a tone of stability and control in daily activities and crisis situations for both staff and clients. o Demonstrates good judgment and decision making in the application of policies and procedures. o Arrange and conduct mediations as the Self Advocacy Coordinator o Participates in classroom and learning lab activities related to Taft Academy as necessary o Collects, monitors, analyzes and distributes information re: points, levels and ABC sheets o Supervises lunch duty as assigned by the Principal. o Create Student Support Center schedule and supervise its implementation. o Provide monthly supervision of school social workers. o Review cases, concerns as related to school services provided by social workers and ensure documentation is completed according to regulation. o Ensure all student consents are updated yearly, every September. o Lead all Behavioral Emotional Social Team meetings; to review red flag concerns and lead BEST school-wide initiatives. o Review intake packets and schedule screenings for incoming students; (work with Joanne in clerical for intake process, paperwork completion, and acceptance letters).o Review SW notes and sign off on them (all notes must be submitted to Marie by the 15thof the following month). o Communicate with DS students’ parents as needed. o Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in the human service field and two years’ experience in providing services to children with serious emotional disturbance. OR
- Bachelor’s Degree in a human services field or a NYS Teacher’s Certificate and four years’ experience in providing direct services to children with serious emotional disturbance.
- Acceptable clearance checks for State Clearance Register, Driver License and fingerprinting as required by the program.
- Compliance with health regulations for physical/mantoux testing.
- This position requires successful completion of Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI) training, which includes a written test and demonstration of the competency to perform physical restraints, as specified by the program and regulatory body. Additionally, staff must successfully complete all required TCI refreshers in order to maintain continued employment.
Job: *BEHAVIORAL SPECIALIST
Title: Behavior Specialist/Social Work Supervisor
Location: New York-Suffolk-Dix Hills
Requisition ID: 40694