Fortive Corporation Field Service Technician in Schenectady, New York
Our team of Field Service Technicians provide world class service to our growing portfolio of customers. Field Service Technicians work independently in the field, are responsible for territory growth & profitability. You’ll be an independent and local resource for a variety of calibration and troubleshooting of Anderson-Negele instruments at customer locations. This is a very autonomous job, you will pretty much be your own boss, with use of a company vehicle, and independently schedule your work. We recognize a traveling career is not for everyone so previous travel experience is a strong plus. Results are rewarded with bonus earnings potential, and a full offering of benefits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform field calibration, troubleshooting and repair services on all Anderson-Negele products in customer locations.
• Operate / conduct business profitably within territory. Identify and capture sales leads supporting aggressive sales growth goals.
• Establish customer loyalty and grow business within territory.
• Document and report service performed, including billing and expense reports.
• Maintain service vehicle to ensure all applicable state and federal laws are adhered to.
• Responsibility for the safe working environment of yourself and those around you.
• High School Diploma required, 2 year technical degree in Electronics Technology or equivalent preferred.
• Mechanical and electrical aptitude required.
• Good written and verbal communication skills and customer care skills are necessary.
• Prior field based experience preferred.
• Computer skills like Microsoft Office (Outlook and Excel); ability to learn other computer programs
• Ability to read blue prints/technical drawings required.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently;
• Problem solving skills, strong sense of urgency and attention to detail
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand/or sit, squat, turn/twist, reach, use hands to: finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls, and computer keyboards.
The employee must frequently lift, carry, push or pull up to 80 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Fortive is a diversified industrial growth company comprised of global businesses that are recognized leaders in attractive markets. With more than $6 billion in annual revenues, Fortive’s well-known brands hold leading positions in field instrumentation, transportation, sensing, product realization, automation and specialty, and franchise distribution.
Fortive is headquartered in Everett, Washington and employs a team of more than 24,000 research and development, manufacturing, sales, distribution, service and administrative employees in more than 40 countries around the world. Our team grows by tackling challenges that accelerate progress and further their careers. With a culture rooted in continuous improvement, the core of our company’s operating model is the Fortive Business System. For more information please visit: www.fortive.com.
Located in Fultonville, NY Anderson Instrument Company designs and manufactures a broad line of sanitary process instrumentation for customers worldwide in Fluid Food & Beverage, Dairy and the Biopharmaceutical Industries. By specifying Anderson Products, customers are assured that their sanitary instrumentation will meet or exceed all requirements for performance, reliability, cleanability, and sterilization.
"The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Fortive Corporation. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as a Fortive Company. Fortive Corporation and all Fortive Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and other characteristics protected by law. The "EEO is the Law" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should call 1-866-272-5573 or e-mail email@example.com to request accommodation."
- Fortive Corporation Jobs