University of Rochester OCR Clinical Research Finance Coordinator in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 053 Clin & Trans Science Institute
8 AM-5 PM
With minimal direction and considerable use of independent judgment, the Clinical Research Finance Coordinator will utilize financial concepts, communication skills, and experience/knowledge of the clinical research enterprise to provide clinical research post award finance services to the URMC research community. This position will use budgets and documents negotiated with sponsors to assist with the collection and management of clinical research revenue and expenses. This role will support the development of projects and processes from study initiation through completion by collaborating with investigators and other stakeholders. This position will require excellent communication and organizational skills, and solid foundational, financial, and operational knowledge in clinical research.
Facilitating Charge Review and Corrections
- This position will provide consultative services for the following activities:
- Manages efforts to ensure any clinical research study with billing risk has a Billing Grid in the CTMS and a unique study record in eRecord
- Monitors that study participants of active studies are associated to the respective study records in eRecord and that the statuses of those participants are maintained
- Monitors that study related transactions in the patient billing system are reviewed in a timely manner by the respective study team members
- Facilitates the process by which transactions noted as payable by a study account are communicated to Patient Financial Services for posting and journal entry purposes
- Serves as a liaison between study teams and Patient Financial Services when corrections are requested to past charge reviews
- Investigates observations and questions of Patient Financial Services regarding study participant claims that are pending or denied
Invoicing and Reconciliation
- Assists with (a) invoicing the sponsor, reconciliation of payments received, and assuring proper application of this data into the CTMS and (b) reconciling the study financial information in the CTMS to the study’s WorkDay account.
Financial Oversight and Related Communications
- Performs budget-to-actual analyses and financial projections. Communicates directly with investigators and department leaders about study budgets, study financial positions and budget projections. Keeps all parties apprised of issues related to specific study finances or related to research finance at large.
- Builds and maintains inter-departmental and stakeholder relationships.
- Attends meetings, meets with colleagues, attends educational activities, and keeps current on state of the research industry.
- Degree in Business or related field and minimum of 3 years clinical research experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Prefer 2-4 years of experience in an academic setting.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, eRecord, and database experience.
- Must be familiar with research budget development and negotiations.
- Proven ability to interact with all levels of faculty and staff in a professional manner.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills focused on customer service.
- Attention to detail a must. Shows initiative and resourcefulness in managing priorities and takes responsibility for accomplishing his/her own work.
- Works collaboratively and maintains confidentiality of information at all times.
- Proven writing skills highly desirable.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: OCR Clinical Research Finance Coordinator
Location: School of Medicine & Dentistry
Job ID: 211912
Full/Part Time: Full-Time