The Research Foundation Of State University Of New York Project Staff Associate (R20-24) in Rensselaer, New York
Project Staff Associate (R20-24)
The Professional Development Program (PDP) of the University at Albany’s Rockefeller College seeks a service-minded individual who is committed to performing high-quality work to fill a Project Staff Associate position in Rensselaer, NY.
The primary focus is to improve case practice and performance of NYS’s child welfare service system, including its local departments of social services and not-for-profit provider agencies while working closely with staff of the project’s sponsor, the NYS Office of Children and Family Services, to achieve goals of safety, permanency, and well-being in accordance with current state and national legislation, performance standards, and accepted best practice standards. The position includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Assess, design, develop, and/or review and revise curricula, and best practices to guide workgroups and curriculum developers on casework practice and policy content.
- Assess child welfare training needs of local departments of social services, voluntary agency providers, coordinate the yearly child welfare training needs assessment for the sponsor’s division of child welfare and community services, solicit and analyze input from stakeholders and consult with sponsor on priorities and strategies, communicate results to stakeholders.
- Consult with sponsor on most efficient use of available resources to meet needs within comprehensive child welfare training plan, training implications of new legislation and regulations. Assess worker competencies and assure training resources are available to ensure best practice strategies.
- Coordinate child welfare training and technical assistance projects, develop project work plans, and assess the feasibility and use of resources.
- Coach and provide technical assistance to sponsor and local district/agency staff on development and implementation of practice and performance improvement strategies.
- Prepare quarterly reports, routine and other special reports.
- Master’s degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization in social work, human services, adult education, or a related field, and a minimum of 3 years’ relevant work experience OR Bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization in social work, human services, adult education, or a related field, and a minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the development and delivery of curriculum and /or instructional programs for adults, including the development and delivery of outcome-based training programs;
- Minimum of 3 years working in the child welfare field with content specific knowledge of public child welfare programs, solution focused practice, family assessment response, and supervision in child welfare. Experience must include thorough familiarity with the provision of services in NYS in accordance with current regulatory and best practice standards;
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive, constructive relationships with all levels of staff;
- Applicants must address in their application their abilities to work with a culturally diverse population;
- Excellent writing, speaking, and presentation skills;
- Demonstrated skills in negotiating, implementing, and monitoring mutually developed plans to manage organizational change and appropriate training interventions;
- Ability to appropriately handle multiple priorities, deadlines/conflicting priorities;
- Demonstrated computer proficiency in use of email, electronic calendar, computer templates, word processing, PowerPoint, and internet;
- This is a full-time position and requires the ability to travel throughout NYS, including travel to areas that may not be served by public transportation, to plan and deliver trainings, conduct technical assistance, participate in meetings and present at conferences, as well as transporting supportive materials;
- Other duties as assigned to meet program requirements.
SPECIAL NOTES: Employment is with The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, a private, nonprofit, educational corporation that administers sponsored program activity for the University at Albany. Salary is expected to be in the low $70s. Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, three work-related references, along with a letter of application. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. To apply, go to http://rfhr.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=127305 Applicants may also visit our website at www.pdp.albany.edu for more information.
Federal law and regulations require notice to all prospective employees regarding crimes that have occurred on campus in the current three year period. Please refer to the following website for the complete Annual Security Report (“Clery Report”): http://police.albany.edu/asr.htm As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, The Research Foundation for SUNY will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law. The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, offers exceptional benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, pension plans, competitive pay, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, life insurance and long-term disability insurance. The University at Albany offers a variety of performing arts, world class libraries, and competitive sporting events.