Canton-Potsdam Hospital Clinical Resource Coordinator in Potsdam, New York
The Clinical Resource Coordinator is a registered nurse who is accountable for the effective clinical management and delivery of care with patients and families in the Physician Practice Management practices. The Clinical Resource Coordinator assists with planning, directing, and evaluation of the specialty practice care programs that are provided to patients and their families. Acts as a Team Lead and resource for all clinical staff within the outpatient practice setting.
Clinical Practice & Program Leadership
· Integrate the principles and philosophy of the professional nursing care delivery system into practice.
· Leads and coordinates outpatient practice programs and services within the specialty care setting.
· Participate in the development of a plan of care and implement appropriate nursing interventions in conjunction with practice providers.
· Prioritize patient cancellations and rescheduling to ensure timely delivery of care according to the patients diagnosis and treatment plan.
· Maintain continuity of patient care and serve as a liaison between physicians and patient, and between the clinical teams.
· Serve as a liaison for individual patient undergoing specific procedures and/or treatment, providing continuity of care.
· Provide coordination, delegation and support to clinical staff assigned to support the medical practice.
· Provide continual guidance, emotional and physical support to the patients and families during all phases of care.
· Serve as a role model to other nursing personnel by demonstrating effective direct patient and family care, leadership and professional behavior.
·Evaluation of patient responses to interventions, identifying and developing strategies to barriers in achieving positive clinical outcomes.
· Coordinates care with community and regional ancillary health services for extended needs of patients and ensures that patient specific care plans are developed and documented by the practice clinical team.
· Educates patient/family regarding relevant wellness issues, disease process, and treatment plan, if not bringing to the attention of the physician.
· Educates patients with appropriate method suitable for individual learning abilities regarding diet, medication, or test needs, if not bringing to the attention of the physician.
· Serve as the contact point, advocate, and informational resource for patients, care team, family/caregiver(s), payers, and community resources.
· Promote timely access to appropriate care.
· Increase utilization of preventative care.
· Reduce emergency room utilization and hospital readmissions.
· Increase comprehension through culturally and linguistically appropriate education.
· Increase continuity of care by managing relationships with tertiary care providers, transitions-in-care, and referrals.
· Defines and directs patients and/or families to appropriate resource utilization.
· Increase patients’ ability for self-management and shared decision-making.
· Attends and participates in team conferences as needed.
· Maintain clinical competency by attending and participating in divisional meetings and in-service education.
· Maintains safe and effective nursing care rendered directly or indirectly, adjusting nursing care processes as necessary to ensure optimal patient care.
· Triage patient phone calls.
· Provide medication reconciliation.
· Assist with rooming of patients, assist with standing orders, administer in office injections and infusions, assist with minor procedures and assist with managing prescription medications.
· Provide direct patient care.
· Assists providers in the clinical treatment of scheduled, urgent and emergent patients as needed.
· Make adjustments in patients' medications following physician directed guidelines to achieve therapeutic levels. Evaluates patient response to those interventions.
· Placing orders for lab tests, immunizations or ancillary testing per protocol, under provider guidance.
· Assist & manage follow-up care as requested by Primary Care physician.
· Leads patient care team in daily and/or weekly huddle discussions to prepare for the day or week ahead.
· Works closely with community resources to coordinate care needed by high risk patients, as defined by the practice.
· Under direction of practitioners, communicate test results and care plans to patients/families.
· Assists and completes various forms for the patient.
· Responsible for coordinating and leading patient support groups and/or shared medical appointments.
Quality & Regulatory
· Participates in Performance Improvement/Continuous Quality Improvement activities, as assigned.
· Works with PPM management team to comply with all established standards and regulations.
· Works with PPM management team to resolve clinical issues (processes, performance, etc.) to identify opportunities for improvement.
· Promotes a culture of safety in the delivery of patient care.
· Acts as a resource for achievement and compliance with all accreditation standards of Det Norske Veritas (DNV).
· Acts as a resource for achievement and compliance with all CMS, State of New York Department of Health rules and regulations on the clinical delivery of healthcare.
· Acts as a PPM educator for clinical staff on all DNV standards in collaboration with PPM leadership team.
· Adheres to CPH and PPM policies and procedures, protocols, guidelines, etc.
· Serve as a mentor and a resource provider for clinic and hospital staff.
· Provide education to patients and significant others, as well as staff.
· Maintains a level of communication that exceeds the person’s expectations in every encounter.
Shift: 8 Hour
Shift Details: 8HR: Variable Shifts
External Company URL: https://www.stlawrencehealthsystem.org/
Name: Physican Practice Management
Required Level: Associate's Degree
Required Field: Nursing
Preferred Level: Bachelor's Degree
Preferred Field: BSN
Licensure / Certification (Text Only): Education/Certification: - Licensed in good standing as a Registered Nurse under the State of New York - Current AHA BLS Certification required. - Current AHA ACLS preferred - Chronic Disease Self-Management Certification preferred. - Willingness to obtain ongoing and up to date population specific education
Post: St. Lawrence Health System Careers: 1/11/2021