The NPD Group, Inc. Sr. Director, NextGen Data Platforms in Port Washington North, New York
Learn and work on meaningful initiatives with some of the best and brightest in the market research industry. The NPD Group provides the world's most successful brands with leading market research, combining consumer and retail point-of-sale data with analytic solutions to interpret today's market trends while anticipating tomorrow's. In addition, we offer a career filled with innovation and growth to the forward-thinking problem solvers who join our team.
The Sr. Director, NextGen Data Platforms is an exciting role that will lead a team to design and deliver the Big Data Systems and Processing Pipeline of NPD's future platform, blending terabytes of data from retailers, surveys, credit card transactions, GPS movement, and much more to provide market insights, deep analytics, and predictive modelling across industries.
The successful candidate will have commercial acumen, deep understanding of big data and analytics, experience working closely with internal and external stake holders, and proven track record of building platforms and solutions.
- Participate as one of the senior leaders in the forming of NPD's next generation platform.
- Engage with internal Operations, Research (Methodology), and Product to understand existing use cases, pain points, and needs to formulate vision and guide design.
- Coordinate, plan, structure, and guide the technology team towards the successful delivery of the new data platform.
- Lead the evaluation and pilot of new technologies and designs to support architecture components like data warehouse, analytics dashboard, APIs and more.
- Lead the design and implementation of an efficient, highly available, auto scaling cloud platform.
- Assist and support migrations of existing data processes from on premises to Azure cloud.
- Provide technical thought leadership, bringing new ideas and approaches to the wider team.
- Communicate effectively with senior management, direct reports and customers.
- Passionate technologist that balances vision with pragmatism to deliver enabling designs and solutions.
- Proven experience with architecture design, implementation and ongoing operations of big data warehouses and pipelines, preferably in Azure or AWS cloud.
- Expertise in big data platforms such as Hadoop, Spark, DataBricks, Snowflake and related eco systems.
- Have worked closely with internal stakeholders, product management and external customers and understanding commercial and operational needs
- Strong verbal and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Have lead teams and passionate about staff development.
- Experienced in modern development process (agile/scrum) and continuous integration practices.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics or Engineering.
- Experience with Machine Learning, Search Engines, Data Science, Advanced Algorithms a plus.
- Experience with Analytics and Advanced Data Visualization a plus.
The NPD Group, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.