Wheelabrator Technologies Laborer in Peekskill, New York
Built on the principle that sustainable waste management is an integral part of our environmental and economic infrastructure, Wheelabrator Technologies is a vertically-integrated waste management company committed to delivering essential waste management solutions to the customers and communities we serve. Wheelabrator Technologies owns or operates 43 strategically located assets in the U.S. and the U.K. including our Tunnel Hill Partners and City Carting & Recycling locations.
Wheelabrator is owned by Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets, a business within the Macquarie Asset Management division of Macquarie Group and a global alternative asset manager focused on real estate, infrastructure, agriculture and energy assets. For more on Wheelabrator, please visit www.wtienergy.com, www.tunnelhillpartners.com or www.citycarting.net.
Our Wheelabrator facility in Peekskill, NY is currently seeking a Laborer who can help monitor and operate auxiliary equipment to maintain safe, efficient and continuous plant operations. The Fuel and Ash Handler will perform maintenance and minor repairs to ash handling, tipping floor and other assigned auxiliary systems. Duties may include but are not limited to sweeping, shoveling, painting, housekeeping, and some minor repairs of equipment.
- Inspects and Operates light mobile equipment in support of facility operations and maintenance such as forklift, skid steer, aerial platform, sweeper and golf cart. Fueling activities in support of equipment operations
- Material handling of combined ash, residue, non-ferrous metals and ferrous metals as required. May involve loading of trucks for shipment
- Supports facility outage through boiler cleaning as assigned to include areas such as APC equipment ducts, undergrates, grate, ash extractors and conveyor cleanouts. Scaffold cleaning as required
- Applies mechanical knowledge and skills sufficient to perform routine tasks such as opening vessels and equipment access doors, placing and removing furnace access equipment, overhead protection and staging, operating power tools and performing minor repairs to plant equipment and structures
- Light maintenance such as plumbing, masonry, pipe fitting, small engine maintenance, carpentry and use of manual and power hand tools
- Maintains and follows all Company environmental compliance, health and safety requirements, policies, procedures and rules.
- Completes all required Environmental Management System and Compliance Training
- Maintains the work area in clean, neat, and orderly condition at all times.
- Shovels loose materials such as sand, gravel, metals, plastics, or chemicals into machine hoppers or into vehicles and containers such as wheelbarrows, scrap truck, or barrels
- Supports plant housekeeping and painting and preservation needs as assigned. Shoveling, sweeping, mop, hosing, squeegee, floor machines
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent.
- Mechanical abilities sufficient to perform equipment maintenance, minor repairs and general preventative maintenance.
At Wheelabrator Technologies, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
WHEELABRATOR TECHNOLOGIES INC.
NY - Westchester-003