Lockheed Martin CRH Software Engineer in Owego, New York
Description: We are seeking a Software Engineer to join the Information Systems & Innovation (IS&I) organization who will be responsible for the development and support of fleet management, Interactive Electronic Technical Manual (IETM) and maintenance management software product lines, The successful candidate will work collaboratively with other development team members, the Manager of Software/Systems Architecture, US government and/or commercial customers and other stakeholders to execute web-based and mobile software product development.
The Integrated Support System (ISS) is a suite of advanced software offerings allowing our customers to have an interactive experience within their respected operations. Examples of the ISS includes the Next Gen Platform of the Interactive Electronics Technical Manuals (IETM) and associated components such as mobile applications. The ISS is a key supporting element in supporting by both Commercial and Military operations today and continues to evolve with new capabilities. By leveraging the most current technological software advances, our developers are rapidly expanding the product offerings from a simple application to an in-depth interactive experience.
Summary of Role
• Use of software development life cycle methods to develop, test and deploy specified software
• Generating work products such as basic usage scenarios and sketches/models, prototypes, and pertinent architecture and design documentation
• Executing development, integration, unit/integration test and deployment of software products/components independently and/or in cooperation with the software development team and IPT at large, providing technical direction to subcontractors when appropriate; supporting the development/test team and the customer in generating and executing a set of acceptance test requirements when needed
• Assisting in data systems integrations and data synthesis if/as needed
• Providing limited support to IT infrastructure on an as-needed basis, in coordination with production support and IT infrastructure personnel
• Provide overarching technical leadership of software development effort
• Keep pace with enabling technologies and provide input to technology insertion plans
• Provide Software Technical duties for software reviews, produce schedule, agenda, meeting minutes, action items and resolution of action items.
• Review software development team status reports.
• Work with IPT lead to ensure compliance with all Lockheed Martin (LM) technical requirements
• Work with IPT lead to align technical/business objectives with products
• Work with internal Cyber Security staff to resolve technical data issues
• Prepare test plans, test descriptions, test cases
• Collect metrics related to quality and performance
• Document and resolve customer issues
• Work with project teams to gather, analyze, and document technical requirements
• Prepare statements of work
• Submit Weekly project Status Reports
• Provide project related quality artifacts
• Develop and maintain a product backlog of team tasks
• Track, monitor and report on project status (technical, schedule) throughout the software development lifecycle
• Degree in computer science or equivalent
• In depth knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle
• MSOffice Proficiency (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, Timeline)
• Detail oriented, team oriented
• Clear, concise writing skills
• Ability to effectively work with internal & external customers
• Ability to work independently and work with limited direction to accomplish project goals
• Basic proficiency in any of the following technologies (or similar equivalents):
• In depth knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle
• Familiarity with Web design
• Familiarity with Scrum and Agile development methodologies
• Familiarity with Systems Security Engineering and Cyber Security principles
• Familiarity with SGML and working within a publishing environment
• Familiarity with web, mobile and database concepts
• Familiarity with Xamarin a plus
• Familiarity with Angular 8
• Familiarity Oracle database, Postgres databases and/or SQLite (client) databases a plus
• Familiarity with native mobile technologies e.g. iOS, Android
• Experience with mobile devices, applications and/or technologies
• XML/HTML knowledge a plus
• Software UI/UX design a plus
• Technical writing/IETM user experience a plus
• Aircraft maintenance operations experience a plus
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs