KeyBank Licensed Banker-Orchard Park in Orchard Park, New York
Licensed Banker-Orchard ParkinOrchard Park, NYatKeyBank - Branch
Date Posted: 11/18/2020
Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: 4239 North Buffalo Street Orchard Park, NY
Date Posted: 11/18/2020
Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, KeyCorp (Key) is one of the nation s largest financial services companies. Key provides investment management, retail and commercial banking, consumer finance and investment banking products to individuals and companies throughout the United States and, for certain businesses, internationally.
Our goal is to be the best regional bank in the U.S. What that means is we put our clients needs first and take a customized approach to meeting those needs. At Key we ve made a promise to our clients that they will always have a champion in us. To deliver on that promise, we re committed to building a team of engaged employees who do the right thing for our clients and help them achieve their financial goals each and every day.
ABOUT THE JOB (JOB BRIEF):
At Key, we have the opportunity to bring ease value and expertise to our clients by helping them have confidence and the peace of mind to dream big.
As a Licensed Relationship Manager (LRM), you will report to the Branch Manager and deliver appropriate financial solutions to KeyBank s client base with up to $1M in investable assets. The LRM is responsible for helping new and existing clients achieve confidence in their financial wellness through the offering of products and services. Develops a comprehensive understanding of client needs by utilizing the Financial Wellness Guide and by using Key s technology to gather and document client data and assess financial needs. Effectively manages a book of business by identifying products and services to meet client needs and/or referring to appropriate sales professionals in Retail, Investment Services, Private Bank, Mortgage or Business Banking. Maintains an awareness of the competitive landscape and leverages that knowledge to better serve the clients. Meets or exceeds established Teamwork & Accountability and individual and branch production goals with a strong focus on investments and insurance. Fully participates in branch activity as directed by the Branch Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The role of the Licensed Relationship Manager (LRM) is to develop new and expand existing client relationships by consistently delivering solutions that meet the financial wellness needs of Key clients. The LRM is responsible for functions that align with the Key Sales Process and Consultative Sales Process Framework which includes: Opportunity Management, Needs Assessment, Present/Pitch, Fulfillment, and Follow Up. LRMs are also responsible for creating a positive client experience and helping clients achieve confidence in the management of their finances. LRMs and all Branch team members are expected to act professionally at all times, conduct business ethically, avoid conflicts of interest and act in the best interest our clients and Key
Primary LRM Functions
• Consistently executes on Key s Branch Playbook and seeks opportunities to deliver distinctive client service with each interaction
• Manages and grows a profitable book of business to achieve individual and team goals
• Develops and maintains an in-depth knowledge of mass affluent products and services, as well as knowledge of competitive products and services to ensure meaningful in depth financial wellness conversations with clients
• Calls Book of Business and system generated leads identified to prospect for retention and growth opportunities; documenting activities by using the call report feature in the desktop
• Employs a disciplined approach to prospecting; documents calling efforts.
• Builds a client referral pipeline via identification and development of internal and external centers of influence
• Develops strong partnerships with Operations Leaders, Financial Advisors, Mortgage Advisors, Small Business colleagues and other line of business partners focusing on client acquisition and deepening the relationship of current clients; effectively manages internal and external Centers of Influence (COIs)
• Identifies and resolves complex client service opportunities
• Monitors client base and looks to transition clients into Key Private Bank where necessary
• Actively participates in daily branch team meetings
• Mentors other branch employees, as suggested by the Branch Manager
• May require automobile travel to meet with clients at various off-site locations
• May service clients at a single or multiple branches
• Assists on the Teller platform with new and existing clients of the bank with account transitions, maintaining responsibility for a cash drawer and following proper balancing procedures. Takes opportunities identified on the teller line to deepen and expand client relationship
The Select Licensed Relationship Manager performs same core functions with access to more products and service offerings for clients
• High School Diploma, GED or equivalent experience.
• Minimum of 1 year experience in financial services with mass affluent clients, achieving sales goals and building referral sources in insurance and investment products.
• Proficiency in sales and service techniques, including tele-consulting, prospecting and networking.
• Excellent communications skills and ability to work in a team environment.
• Strong financial acumen.
• Understand commercial lending and small business operations.
• FINRA Series 6 and 63 investment licenses, Life and State Insurance License
• Physical Requirements: Frequent mobility (5-8 hours) in an office setting, ability to communicate face to face and on the phone with clients, frequent use of hands to manipulate/grasp objects, occasional bending and lifting from floor height, frequent lifting of 1 – 10 lbs., occasional lifting of up to 30 lbs.
- Investment products are offered through Key Investment Services LLC (KIS), member FINRA/SIPC. Insurance products are offered through KeyCorp Insurance Agency USA, Inc. (KIA). KIS and KIA are affiliated with KeyBank National Association (KeyBank).
Note: Employees in this position are required to comply with all rules and regulations of The Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (The SAFE Act). Employees hired or transferring into this position will need to meet the qualification requirements, in Key's sole discretion, under Reg. Z, prior to acting as a loan originator in a consumer credit transaction secured by a dwelling. Qualification requirements include but are not limited to an assessment of overall financial responsibility, character, and general fitness through review of a criminal background check, credit report, and information about any administrative, civil, or criminal findings by any government jurisdiction.
• Undergraduate degree in a business related field
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.