Cobham Mission Accounts Receivable Specialist in Orchard Park, New York
Cobham is seeking an Accounts Receivable Specialist to prepare customer invoices and statements, post cash receipts, reconcile Accounts Receivable balances to General Ledger, communicate with customers regarding collection issues and assist with various accounting projects as assigned. This position is located in Orchard Park, New York.
- Process accounts and incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures.
- Perform day-to-day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts receivable data.
- Prepare invoices and bank deposits including lockbox, ACH and Wire Transfers.
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Verify discrepancies and resolve customer billing issues.
- Make Collection calls and work with Customer buyers and internal sales team to keep accounts current.
- Print and distribute customer invoices, and work with ERP System for customer set-ups and configuration.
- Request and process credit references and D&B; Reports, and maintain electronic customer files.
- This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Associates Degree or 2 years’ experience in a company that has $100+million in annual revenues.
- Minimum of 3 years accounting (accounts receivable) experience in ERP/MRP environment.
- Experience with collections in a commercial environment (accounts receivable).
- Experience with Accounts Receivable processes (including customer invoicing).
- Experience with MS Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Experience building relationships and collecting balances in an international environment.
- Experience with payment application using sophisticated customer portals.
- Experience with Credit Risk tools such as D&B.;
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
To see all of our latest opportunities and for consideration please visit www.cobham.com/careers
Follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobham
Job Category: Finance
Primary Location: US-New York-Orchard Park
Organization: Cobham Mission Systems Orchard Park
Job Posting: 06-Dec-2018, 1:36:33 PM
Recruiter: Mark Whalen
Req ID: 276997