Avangrid Service Company Gas Fitter 1/C, 2/C Acceptable- Scheduled Worker-Oneonta, NY (1Position) in Oneonta, New York
POSITION - Union: Gas Fitter 1/C, 2/C Acceptable - Scheduled Worker (Oneonta, NY)
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
Hours: 7:00am - 3:30pm
Under general supervision performs all kinds of repairs and construction work on gas mains and services, and services, maintains, and places in operation all types of domestic, commercial and industrial gas appliances, equipment and incidental piping or wiring used in connection therewith.
1. Tapping, penetration, stopping, leak repairing and clearing of energized lines.
2. Purging and energizing of gas mains, services, regulating, metering and other system equipment.
3. Maintaining, operating and repairing regulating, odorizing, filtering and related equipment.
4. Acting as inspector for main and service installations.
5. Fabrication and sketching of piping tie-ins and simple gas service replacements in the field. Correction of sketches necessitated by field conditions.
6. Directs the work of one other Fitter 1/C or lower grade directly assisting him; may also direct others performing such duties as equipment operation, digging and directing traffic.
7. May be required to cut services on or off and remove and set gas and electric meters.
8. May perform duties of Equipment Driver/Operators at or below his wage level.
9. Performs other related or less skilled work as directed.
NOTE A: Under "Duties" as to servicing and maintaining "all types" is not meant to be interpreted that any one Fitter may necessarily be required to perform regularly on "all types" but that he is qualified to do so.
NOTE B: When the Fitter 1/C directs a crew consisting of at least two other Gas Fitters, one who is at least a Fully Qualified Helper (at wage level 13) and the other at least an Apprentice in the progression program, for four hours or more, the Fitter 1/C shall receive a substitution bonus (upgrading to Fully Qualified Chief Gas Fitter if for a week or more).
Skills and Requirements
1. Must have complied with all terms of the Memorandum of Agreement Governing Gas Department Training and Job Proqression.
2. Must have completed high school or obtained a High School Equivalency Diploma recognized by New York State.
3. Should have thorough knowledge of Company's gas practices and standards.
4. Must be familiar with Company's Safety Rules, approved methods of resuscitation and able to render practical First Aid.
5. Must be able to qualify for operator's licenses as required by law.
1. Normal health, physique and use of senses as indicated by passing the required physical examination given by a Company physician, including color perception.
2. Strength and endurance adequate for arduous labor in all kinds of outdoor weather conditions.
1. Must be willing to work extra and/or irregular hours as required.
2. Must be willing to work under unusual or special working conditions and surroundings, as well as the normal working conditions pertaining to this job.
3. Must be particularly alert in observing hazards and avoiding accidents.
Avangrid employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties. This is applicable to employees that will work in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, and New York within AVANGRD Network and Corporate functions. This does not include those that will work for Avangrid Renewables
AVANGRID's employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this link
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 203-499-2777 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Nearest Major Market: Oneonta
Job Segment: Gas, Energy