Family Residences and Essential Enterprises Director of Professional Development in Old Bethpage, New York
The Director of Professional Development is responsible for ensuring that all members of the FREE network meet the training and professional development goals and objectives of the organization. The director is responsible for curriculum development, delivery of training, record-keeping, and the distribution of consistent and accurate reporting. S/he supervises the professional development staff and oversees a team of trainers comprised of staff members from across the network.
- Design and deliver a dynamic, comprehensive learning and development strategy aligned with the agency’s strategic plan that positions FREE as a leader in staff development.
- Document, communicate, and execute the learning and professional development goals of the organization, revising as needed.
- Develop, adapt, and implement curricula. Ensure that thorough and accurate documentation exists for all curricula.
- Identify opportunities to promote FREE as a learning organization. Establish and maintain constructive internal and external relationships in pursuit of department/agency goals.
- Pursue opportunities for FREE to be awarded contract and other training opportunities to support team member professional growth and/or to support the Long island DD provider community.
- Ensure that the professional development requirements set forth by our regulatory bodies for all programs and services operated by FREE and its affiliates are met.
- Facilitate training as required and obtain all necessary certifications to present courses required by our regulatory bodies.
- Employ varied instructional methods to deliver content, including lecture, demonstrations, small group activities, and videos and other methodologies as appropriate to audience, content, setting and goals.
- Oversee Learning Management System (LMS). Maximize the use of the LMS as a medium for training delivery. Ensure the integrity of record-keeping and reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree in organizational development, education or related field required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Leadership role in the training department of a social services agency with extensive governmental regulatory requirements required. Developmental disability agency experience preferred.
- Teaching or instructional facilitation experience required.
- Experience creating and delivering engaging training on a variety of relevant topics.
- Proven ability to apply experience and understanding of learning theory to develop effective and efficient learning strategies for a diverse, multigenerational workforce.
- Learning management system administration experience required. Relias experience a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing. Engaging presentation style.
- Experience supervising staff, interns, and/or volunteers.
- Ability to vary work hours to accommodate evening and Saturday trainings.
- Valid NYS driver’s license and ability to drive to training sites throughout Long Island.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Job ID: 2020-8349
Type: Full-Time (Eligible for Benefits)
Shift: 40 Hours Flexible; Required Day, Evenings; Occassionally Weekends
Authorized Hours Per Week: 40.00