Family Residences and Essential Enterprises Assistant Director of Behavior Support in Old Bethpage, New York
Under the Supervision of the Assistant Vice President of Behavior Support Services, the Assistant Director of Behavior Support is responsible for the overall oversight and supervision of the Behavior Intervention Specialists and Behavior Support Specialists. The Assistant Director of Behavior Support is responsible for the assessment of the needs of each person receiving support as well as the development, implementation, and monitoring of behavior intervention programs. The Assistant Director of Behavior Support will provide support and coverage to identified programs within the organization as needed and is on call 24/7 for clinical assessment and guidance. The qualified candidate must be able to work in partnership with all levels of administration within the organization to ensure the highest quality of clinical services for the people we support, in a manner that is consistent and aligned with the agency mission and vision, and the philosophy of the Council on Quality and Leadership (CQL).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
- Assist an establishing and directing the implementation of written clinical policies and procedures that reflect the goals objectives of the agency.
- Recruit, interview, and hire Behavior Intervention Specialists and Behavior Support Specialists as needed.
- Assist in the orientation of new team members, making them thoroughly cognizant of the work expectations for their position.
- Ensure that all Behavior Intervention Specialists and Behavior Support Specialists attend trainings in accordance with all New York State regulations and agency policy.
- Create a working climate that provides growth and job satisfaction.
- Provide direct supervision to Behavior Intervention Specialists and Behavior Support Specialists on a regular basis.
- Provide on-call coverage as scheduled and ensure follow up communication with Operations Directors (CLSO) or Residential Coordinators (Community Services), other clinicians and/or administration as needed.
- Train team members to utilize the on-call system appropriately and effectively.
- Provide training in the areas of specific behavior support plan methodologies, data collection and other areas deemed necessary and/or according to individual’s need.
- Develop an effective system to meet regularly with team members for supervision, review of feedback or evaluations within the specified timeframes and provide support training where indicated.
- Provide feedback and evaluations to all Behavior Intervention Specialists and Behavior Support Specialists on a regular basis in accordance with agency policy.
- Follow the procedures for progressive disciplinary counseling, oral and written warnings, when essential.
- Assist in the planning of new development and the screening of applicants for new or existing programs.
- Administer and interpret psychological tests including cognitive and adaptive measures, as needed.
- Administer and interpret a behaviorally-based psychological update as needed.
- Attend and participate in workshops, seminars etc. to maintain current clinical knowledge and professional clinical status.
- Master’s Degree in Psychology, Social Work, Mental Health Counseling, or related clinical field required; NYS clinical license preferred
- Minimum three years’ experience providing behavior analysis/intervention required
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and ability to be flexible to meet the needs of a diverse population
- Supervisory/Management experience preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability in maintaining positive and professional relationships
- Valid NYS Driver’s License
Job ID: 2019-6866
# of Openings: 1
Category: Clinical Services