Lifetime Care Home Health Aide Trainee (Training Provided) MARCH 2019-Starting Pay $11.10 in Newark, New York
For a period of three weeks, and under the guidance of an RN Educator, is trained to provide care to individuals requiring assistance with personal care and home support services to restore/maintain the patient’s physical and emotional well-being, while maintaining a safe and clean environment, planning and preparing meals, maintaining current and accurate patient records. The below responsibilities are to be performed on an individual basis only as prescribed in a plan of care *ordered by physician. *
Note: Class session from 8:15am-4:15pm for a total of 13 class sessions, and 3 days of off-site clinical training starting at 7:15am. Employees are expected to pass all requirements of curriculum including passing the final exam with a grade of 80% or better. No absences permitted during the training time frame.
Immediate job placement available upon successful completion of certification course.
- Learns to observe and record patient’s care, symptoms, emotional and physical status (vital signs, intake and output).
- Learns to report pertinent observations and significant changes in patient’s condition to the assigned nurse.
- Accompanies patient outside the home when authorized by supervisor.
- Assists with medications which are ordinarily self-administered and which a physician has prescribed.
- Participates in supportive activities to ensure maximum patient independence within the patients own home.
- Completes all required paperwork in a timely and accurate fashion according to established agency policies.
- Regular and reliable attendance is expected and required.
- Performs other functions as assigned by management.
- High school graduate or equivalent is required.
- Must be able to attend each class session for the duration of class sessions and offsite training.
- Completion of 12 hours of clinical experience is required.
- Ability to read, write, understand, and carry out directions or instructions and maintains simple records.
- Must respect patient confidentiality, have an empathetic attitude toward patients and families requiring care and must continue certification requirements as a home health aide.
- Requires reliable means of transportation and the ability to travel to and from required locations as needed to perform the essential responsibilities of the job.
- Pre-employment physical examination/drug screening required to ensure the applicants ability to perform all responsibilities of the job.
- Also an annual health assessment as required by NYS Health Department will need to be completed.
- Demonstrates commitment to outstanding customer service both internally and externally.
Loyal:Shows firm and constant support to a cause
Enthusiastic:Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Dedicated:Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Ability to Make an Impact:Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
High School or better in GED
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Posted: January 14, 2019
Rate: $11 USD per hour