HeartShare Assistant Coordinator in New York
- Associate Degree in Human Services (Bachelor's preferred)
- One-year supervisory experience in a residence
- Three years' experience in developmental disabilities or related field
- SCIP, AMAP, CRP and First Aid
- Must be able to work weekends and weeknights
- Valid NYS Driver's license, preferred
- Excellent verbal and written abilities
- Immediate supervisory responsibility over Direct Support Professionals.
- Work in partnership with the Residence Coordinator and Director to ensure day to day tasks and duties are completed.
- Ensure regulatory compliance with all applicable agencies.
- Model and teach appropriate therapeutic interactions.
- Will be responsible for provision of individual's program planning at assigned residence. This includes but is not limited to assessment, development, implementation and monitoring of functional, clearly written and creative training programs.
- Will monitor goal related progress on an ongoing basis, prepare a monthly note of progress including recommendations as to the course of training, and as needed will update goal plans.
- Assisting the Program Planning Team in collaborating with other service providers to ensure consistent and quality services for the individuals.
- In coordination with the Residence Coordinator, will provide staff training consistent with core curricula and staff observations of service delivery and work practices.
- Be available on-call 24 hours a day to handle emergencies and/or other issues requiring immediate guidance and intervention
- Provide the Residence Coordinator under his/her supervision support and guidance to ensure compliance with OMRDD regulations and timely response to internal and external audits
- Interface with family members and other service providers as needed to ensure quality services for the consumer and to assist in resolving any real or perceived issues.
- Advocate appropriately and professionally on behalf of program participants, as required.
Participate in both internal and external committees, work groups, and professional/consumer organizations, as assigned, including monthly cluster meetings, quarterly managers' meetings, and periodic residential managers meetings. Provide professional supports to peers as needed and requested.
BA or BS degree in health, human services or special education field.
- Must meet QMRP requirements.
- Minimum three years experience working with individuals who are developmentally disabled.
- Minimum one year managerial/supervisory experience.
- Working knowledge of NYS OMRDD day habilitation codes and regulations.
- Excellent communication, training and supervisory skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled