Daniel J. Edelman, Inc. Vice President, Digital Financial Communications & Capital Markets in New York, New York
We are seeking a highly motivated and hardworking digital strategist with demonstrated interest and experience in financial communications.
As a boutique within one of the worlds largest communications agencies, Edelmans Financial Communications & Capital Markets team provides corporate communications and investor relations counsel to public and private companies during normal-course business and through transformative events, including M& A, IPOs, spinoffs, bankruptcies, crises and shareholder activism.
We are looking to add a digital-focused Vice President to our growing team in New York, where we advise many of the largest and most recognizable US and global financial brands. The candidate will be part of our specialized team of financial communications practitioners, gaining broad exposure to Edelman senior leadership and supporting on all core digital work. This Vice President will lead and direct digital and social media work including content creation, organic and paid social media strategy and execution, analytics and measurement, social media thought leadership, and community management.
Were looking for a self-directed, seasoned and entrepreneurial focused team member who understands business strategy and can contribute to and expand the ongoing growth and development of our team and practice. Weve experienced dramatic growth in digital financial communications over the last two years and are looking to strengthen core capabilities.
Further, the candidate must also demonstrate a passion and ability for people development by mentoring, motivating, teaching and coaching others.
The ideal candidate will have a natural curiosity and passion for all things digital and social with experience in content creation, analytics, and digital strategy to back it up. This individual must also have proven account management skills and take an active role in strategically driving digital account work and building client relationships.
- Support day-to-day account management and serve as a primary point of contact for clients, addressing issues thoughtfully and effectively, anticipating client needs and ensuring quality control.
- Assist in building, leading and marketing an emerging digital offering within the Financial Communications group
- Develop and manage staffing plans, budgets and scopes of work profitably
- Help set the strategy for and support drafting materials, including quarterly or annual communications plans, content strategies, etc.
- Consistently produce high-quality internal and external communications content
- Closely track digital communications and marketing trends to bring fresh thinking and best practices to clients
- Coordinate with other disciplines (paid media, design, tech, etc.) as needed
- Contribute to the operational performance of accounts, ensuring quality work, deadline and budget adherence
- Address client issues thoughtfully and effectively
- Delegate to junior staff and help motivate and coach team members; manage up to senior staff consistently providing feedback that helps drive efficiency
- Manage multiple projects from concept to completion by anticipating challenges, setting up proper measurement frameworks and reporting, troubleshooting problems, proposing solutions, offering client counsel, overseeing quality, and ensuring deadline and budget adherence
- Contribute to business growth through introducing clients to new capabilities, building network of industry contacts and participating in relevant professional organizations
- Commit to continuous learning and improvement of leadership skills
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity