Arup Transportation Planning Intern (Available June 2021) in New York, New York
Transportation Planning Intern (Available June 2021)
Sep 16, 2020Post Date
Start Here, Go Anywhere! Are you looking for an opportunity to shape a better world?
During your internship at Arup, you’ll have the chance to work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You’ll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
• Conducting background research on specific locations, strategies or policies
• Data collection and analysis
• Use of specialist software packages
• Completing and documenting technical analyses
• Report writing
• Attending team, consultant and client meetings
• Working with people from other disciplines to gain knowledge on new subjects.
• Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 GPA or higher in civil engineering, transportation engineering, transportation planning, or similar
• Minimum 3.0 GPA or higher
• A degree in a relevant analytical discipline
• Proven interest in the fields of transportation engineering and planning
• Coursework in traffic engineering, capacity analysis, and/or transportation modeling
• Relevant intern and/or research experience
• Strong technical and analytical skills with an ability to demonstrate attention to detail
• Good time-management habits, ability to multi-task, ability to sustain focus on long tasks
• Ability to communicate thoughts and ideas in an accessible way
• Attitude of taking initiative, enthusiasm, eagerness to learn, teamwork, creativity
• The ability to prioritize effectively, balance assigned work and exceptional organization skills required for our constantly evolving environment
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills essential for team-based working
• Presentation skills with colleagues and clients of all levels
• Must not require sponsorship, now or in the future to be considered for this role
• Master's degree in Transportation Planning or related
• 3.5 GPA or higher
• Membership in at least one relevant professional organization
• Significant thesis, class project or studio work related to urban transportation planning, transportation engineering analysis, and/or transportation land use interface
• Internship with transportation consulting firm or major transportation agency
• Evidence of past internship or extracurricular activity in the field
• Experience with one or more of the following: Synchro+SimTraffic, Aimsun, Vissim, Paramics, Vistro, SIDRA, and HCS
• Experience with another analytical or design tools (e.g., ArcGIS, TransCAD, SketchUp, Illustrator, AutoCAD, Microstation, AutoTurn/AutoTrack, SPSS, Arena, etc.)
• EIT Certification
• Proven ability to perform in a paid work environment with intermittent supervision
• Past history of presentations and technical writing
• Evidence of personal investment in academic or extracurricular field.
Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world's most prominent projects across our industry. We offer a broad range of professional services to clients around the world that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
• Second Avenue Subway
• Fulton Street Transit Center
• JetBlue Airway's Terminal 5 at JFK Airport
• Renovation of Lincoln Center
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to grow. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Previous Job Searches
Create and manage profiles for future opportunities.
Track your opportunities.
New York, United States
Post Date:Sep 16, 2020
©Arup Careers. All rights reserved.
- Arup Jobs