Greenman-Pedersen,Inc. Structural Engineer in New York, New York
Greenman-Pedersen, Inc. (GPI) is a multi-discipline engineering firm providing planning, design and construction services for transportation infrastructure and building system projects throughout the United States for over 50 years. Ranked in the Top 100 Firms by Engineering News Record, GPI is a forward thinking, innovative firm with a culture that is committed to excellence and fosters staff empowerment. For more information visit: http://gpinet.com/company/. GPI offers excellent benefits, including a 401k plan, ESOP, medical/dental/visions plans, and vacation/sick/personal time and more. GPI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Greenman-Pedersen, Inc. is seeking engineers who are interested in working on challenging project s that take their engineering skills to a new level. We are now hiring Structural Design Engineers who have a desire to work on large, fast paced infrastructure projects. We currently have openings in both our Babylon, NY and Midtown NYC offices.
We have a strong mentoring culture that supports personal and professional growth and encourages learning about the profession, technical concepts and innovative delivery systems including design/build. We are looking for individuals that have exceptional communication and analytical skills and enjoy working in a team environment.
Responsibilities include review and/or development of specifications, contract drawings and design calculations for bridge or other structural elements using structural engineering software such as MIDAS, LARSA or Bentley LEAP Bridge Steel and Concrete. Project site visits and bridge inspections may also be required.
* Three to five years of structural design experience with consulting engineering firms or local transportation agencies.
* Familiarity with NYCDOT, NYSDOT, Port Authority or Transit Authority standards is desirable.
* Must have experience in AutoCAD and/or MicroStation.
* New York PE or EIT preferred but not required.
* Master's degree preferred.
* Experience with Primavera P6 scheduling software.
* Experience with BIM modeling.
* Experience in design-build pursuits and design projects.
* BS in Civil Engineering with structural emphasis from an accredited institution
* Ability to read and understand plans and direction given in the English language
* Ability to write in English
* Basic computer skills
- Ability to create and or edit Microsoft Word documents
- Ability to create and or edit Microsoft Excel documents
- Ability to create and or edit Microsoft Exchange emails with attachments
* Be able to wear GPI standard PPE, i.e. hard hats, safety vest, work boots, safety glasses/goggles
Shift -not applicable-
* Position Engineer
Division Greenman-Pedersen, Inc.
Location GP01 - NYC