Google Strategy and Operations Lead, Regulated Industries, Technology and Policy, Google Cloud in New York, New York
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Google’s global network, web-scale data centers and software infrastructure. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
As the Strategy and Operations Lead for Regulated Industries, Technology, and Policy, you will run initiatives and accelerate thought leadership across regulated industries (i.e., financial services, healthcare and life sciences, and government) and the related respective vertical Product and Engineering teams to bring the best solutions to market. You will drive programs globally for the regulated industries by understanding strategic segments, the product/solution fit for each segment, and executing to priorities set by the global industry vertical leads. You will leverage industry experience and executive relationships and be in a unique position to spur the growth of Google Cloud Platform’s products and services. Your knowledge of the business model, combined with problem-solving skills and the ability to execute programs will help accelerate Google Cloud’s mission for the regulated industry verticals. Using your influencing and relationship-building skills, you will work with other internal teams and stakeholders to enable Google Cloud adoption in regulated industries and in crafting a compelling set of value propositions and initiatives that will bring the best of one-Google solutions to the front.
In this role, you will collaborate with our Engineering, Product, and Marketing teams to define, launch, and take to market solutions that accelerate our customer success in the cloud. Your strategic mindset, analytical thinking skills, passion, depth of knowledge, and excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills will inspire our teams and rapidly establish relationships amongst a diverse set of stakeholders and customers.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Be an execution partner for the regulated industry teams by driving projects forward, assessing risks, monitoring tasks, and working closely with Business Development (BD), Product, Engineering Sales teams to understand their requirements.
- Enable cross-functional collaboration across and within the organization. Help be the voice for the teams and bring better visibility of important efforts.
- Help drive thought leadership for the regulated industry verticals.
- Identify issues or roadblocks with existing processes. Create and promote solutions to keep processes running smoothly.
- Partner closely with Product Management, Strategy teams, Business Development, and Strategy and Operations on the development of new processes and their implementation, advocate for improving/enhancing existing capabilities where appropriate, and manage strategic programs and tactical day-to-day projects.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of experience in the financial services or technology industry.
- Experience with technology, data, and cloud computing.
- Experience working with business executives and leadership.
- Experience driving digital transformation in strategic companies.
- Track record in driving business growth and key performance indicators (KPIs) attainment
- Ability to maintain performance with increasing levels of responsibility and independence.
- Ability to multitask, meet deadlines, and stay calm under pressure.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.