Comcast Sr Project Manager in New York, New York
Comcast Spotlight, the advertising sales division of Comcast Cable, helps put the power of cable to use for local, regional and national advertisers. It is focused on providing multi-platform marketing solutions to reach audiences most effectively and efficiently. Headquartered in New York with offices throughout the country, Comcast Spotlight has a presence in nearly 80 markets with approximately 35 million owned and represented subscribers.
Comcast Spotlight offers clients easy-to-buy, easy-to-execute options customized around their business goals. We work with clients to provide them with customized, multi-screen media marketing solutions that utilize our suite of products in the way that's best suited to meet their objectives. Our media solutions provide advertisers with the ability to reach, engage and connect with their customers viewing content on any device or screen.
Responsible for managing the complete life cycle of highly complex, internal projects, including approval, planning, execution, and closeout to ensure planned results are achieved on time. Acts as business partner for project sponsor and team to establish project goals and develop plans. Develops budgets, timelines, and ensures progress to plan, as well as tracking critical project achievements. Works with SAFe Agile teams to prioritize and influence on time delivery of features against product roadmap to achieve business objectives.Works with vendors and team to establish and achieve goals. Coordinates the activities of a cross-functional team including exempt and non-exempt employees, vendors and contractors. Regularly reports status, risks, issues and escalations to senior leadership.Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. May lead teams or projects and shares expertise. Acts as a Subject Matter Expert in a given area of the organization and provides guidance as necessary. Defines project objectives and ensures progress to plan, as well as tracks critical project achievements.
- Provides expert research and assistance to leadership in the development and design of new projects.
- Uses formal processes and tools to manage resources, budgets, risks, and changes. Recommends new process and tools to achieve advanced project management.
- Manages project status and information in the form of formal briefings, project update meetings, and written, electronic, and graphic reports.
- Develops, maintains, and manages detailed project plans, action item registers, and major milestone timelines for all assigned projects.
Creates and maintains process workflow documents to support business needs.
- Manages all assigned projects to completion ensuring on-time delivery, meeting of budgetary demands, and maintenance of overall project ownership.
- Acts as a single point of contact for project status. Maintains communication with stakeholders.
- Facilitates and leads project meetings.
- Addresses problems through risk management and contingency planning and presents solutions and/or options to executive management. Ensures effective implementation of solutions/changes.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Acts proactively; uses extensive experience to anticipate needs and issues.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 11 years related experience
- Desired certifications: ACP, CSM, SA, PMP
- Experience in agile software development environments and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) specifically
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer