Comcast Solutions Engineer (DSP) in New York, New York
FreeWheel, A Comcast Company, comprised of FreeWheel Publishers, FreeWheel Markets, and FreeWheel Advertisers – empowers all segments of The New TV Ecosystem. We are structured to provide the full breadth of solutions the advertising industry needs to achieve their goals. We power the technology, data enablement, and convergent marketplaces required to ensure buyers and sellers can transact across all screens, across all data types, and all sales channels, in order to ensure the ultimate goal – results for marketers. With offices in New York, San Francisco, Chicago, London, Paris, Beijing, and across the globe, FreeWheel, A Comcast Company, stands to advocate for the entire industry through the FreeWheel Council for Premium Video.
We are searching for an experienced, passionate, and highly motivated Solutions Engineer to bring our technology to life each day, establishing and supporting new customer deployments, expansion projects, and internal initiatives. Because of the broad purview, this team must communicate with customers and partners frequently, and must be able to find clever solutions to complex integration problems.
The ideal candidate is a creative problem solver, who is able to translate complex technical details into business context, exhibit drive to do things efficiently, and excel in a team environment, has a background in digital advertising, web development and computer programming. The role requires collaboration with multiple teams to troubleshoot technical issues and aptitude to extract insights from data analysis.
- Develop a deep understanding of the DSP technical capabilities and client-specific implementations
- Develop a deep understanding of FreeWheel's technical capabilities and client-specific implementations
- Execution of implementation projects, working to grow clients' product usage through new integrations
- Participates in the product release cycle through requirement gathering, design vetting, and user acceptance testing
- Support product testing initiatives, documents findings and communicates results
- Act as technical DSPspecialist and escalation point for internal teams and DSP partners
- Provide technical guidance to DSPs and recommend new initiatives to improve client success
- Captures technical details of client-specific implementations, and maintain this information within well-updated documentation of clients' technology architecture
- Provides timely, technical support and problem resolution for escalated field service questions
- Debug issues between various systems (internal and external)
- Effectively document and communicate incidents and notifications to internal stakeholders
- Collaborate with product and engineering to develop appropriate monitoring to spot technical issues before they arise
- Assists in preparation of materials for client partnership growth opportunities, product upsells, business reviews, account plans, etc.
- 3-5 years of experience in application support, technical support, and product support
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a technical field such as Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering or equivalent
- Knowledge of VAST, VPAID, ad servers, DSPs, ad exchanges, SSPs
- Programming experience SQL, Python
- Excellent troubleshooting, debugging, documentation, and communication skills
- Experience with web debugging tools
- Experience at a DSP or SSP, ideally with a background in RTB and video
- Demonstrated systematic and creative problem solving skills
- Effective organizational abilities, communication skills, pedagogy and ability to interact smoothly with business and technology teams worldwide
- Eagerness to work in a rapidly changing team environment
IN ADDITION, WE HIGHLY VALUE INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE:
- Optimistic with a strong sense of humor
- Enthusiastic and friendly with a strong sense of urgency
- Enjoys solving difficult problems
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer