Uber Technologies, Inc. Software Engineer II - Eats Marketplace Simulator in New York, New York
Whether it's a sandwich, a burrito, or groceries, the Uber Eats team builds technology to connect people with what they want, when and where they want it. Uber Eats is home to a team of mobile and backend engineers tasked with creating an app to fuel our three-sided marketplace of eaters, delivery-partners, and restaurants. From making it easier to discover your ideal meal to designing dynamic UIs, our iOS and Android engineers keep the app healthy and users hungry for more.##
About the RoleUber is an established company with a well-known brand, but our engineering efforts in New York are just getting started. Help craft the culture here, and get in as a founding member of something big. Our UE Simulation team is fundamental to the success & scale of Eats. We seek to build an end to end simulator for the Eats Marketplace so that users can run experiments within a controlled environment, safely and efficiently.##
What You'll Do
* Partner with stakeholders to identify use cases for the simulator and build features to support them.
* Supervise & maintain the quality of the simulator platform, and continuously improve its accuracy, scalability, and reliability.
* Mentor colleagues on the best methodologies and technical approaches.##
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
* 2+ years of non-internship experience shipping high-quality product features on schedule
* 2+ years (non-internship) experience with data-driven architecture and systems experience
* Experience with machine learning is a big bonus
We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing [this form](https://forms.gle/aDWTk9k6xtMU25Y5A).
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.