Daniel J. Edelman, Inc. Senior Vice President, U.S. Brand External Affairs in New York, New York
Have a deep passion for the future of marketing and brand communications?
Enjoy blazing new trails and growing a business within the ever-evolving brand communications landscape?
Enjoy relationship-building and new business development, AND have a deep desire to collaborate and partner with a fun, high-performing team?
Hold a desire to set strategy, but also can roll up your sleeves?
Edelman is seeking a collaborative teammate and Senior Vice President to join our U.S. External Affairs team leading the marketing and external positioning of our U.S. Brand practice.
At Edelman, our Brand practice produces leading, conversation-driving campaigns like Dove's #FathersDayTaken campaign and Good Humor's New Ice Cream Truck Jingle. We operate at the intersection of data and cultural currency - always with two key understandings:
First, as the House of Trust, we understand that brands must be trusted to succeed in today's marketplace.
And second, we know that brand trust cannot be bought - it must be earned.
Edelman's Brand team has an opportunity to compete with major digital and creative agencies, but first, we need you to build our story in the market. We get the perfect marriage of art and science and we are looking for a teammate who is curious about where marketing may be heading in the future.
We are looking for a teammate who is resilient, delivers high quality work, stays calm under pressure, keeps things fun, and learns every day. The ideal candidate can bring dynamic, entrepreneurial problem-solving skills to work each day. Experience in marketing leadership at an agency is ideal, but not required: we know that the best candidates often have unorthodox backgrounds.
- In partnership with the U.S Brand Chair and the broader Brand leadership team, develop and lead a best-in-class strategy for promoting Edelman's Brand practice in the external marketplace, including at key tentpoles throughout the year (Cannes, SXSW, etc.)
- Craft a narrative around the vision for the brand practice and help to embed that message across multiple touchpoints to reach our primary stakeholder, the CMO.
- Bring market knowledge and insights to our brand conversations to help drive our strategy and vision forward.
- Collaborate with a team to make our work famous through multiple awards shows and high-profile events and partnerships.
- Work closely with our sales engine and new business colleagues to drive awareness and open doors to prospects and opportunities. Lead day-to-day activities in execution of that strategy, providing oversight of shared marketing staff; supervise future leaders by motivating, coaching, and providing consistent feedback
- Manage work-streams to ensure executional excellence of IP promotion, earned media pitching, social content creation, engagement, influencer relations, paid media amplification, ongoing measurement, reporting and analytics
- Collaborate with senior leadership in identifying and developing opportunities for new business and account growth, as well as new product development
- Build and manage relationships with third parties (media, prospects, partners) and internal business partners to meet KPIs set for Edelman
- Commit to continuous learning and improvement of your own leadership skills
- Demonstrated experience and expertise at the intersection of marketing strategy, media relations, and revenue growth
- Able to perform in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong work ethic, with a priority on professional achievement
- Experienced in the full range of media strategies paid, earned, owned, social, and influencer
- Creative, strategic thinker, with a demonstrated record of accomplishment of both developing and executing successful integrated campaigns
- Organized and detail-oriented
- "Driver" personality that thrives in entrepreneurial environment
- Demonstrated success in shepherding revenue growth
- Bachelor's degree with 10 years professional experience
Edelman is a global communications firm that partners with businesses and organizations to evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Our 6, 000 people in more than 60 offices deliver communications strategies that give our clients the confidence to lead and act with certainty, earning the trust of their stakeholders. Our honors include the Cannes Lions Grand Prix for PR; Advertising Age's 2019 A-List; the Holmes Report's 2018 Global Digital Agency of the Year; and, five times, Glassdoor's Best Places to Work. Since our founding in 1952, we have remained an independent, family-run business. Edelman owns specialty companies Edelman Data & Intelligence (DxI) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, lifestyle).
For more information please visit: www.edelman.com
Click here to view a short video about life at Edelman.
Edelman is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity