The Jewish Board Senior Supervisor Maintenance Services in New York, New York
Make a bigger difference
WORKING WITH US
The Jewish Board delivers innovative, best-in-class mental and behavioral health services to
over 45,000 New Yorkers each year. We are unique in serving everyone from infants and their families, to children, teens, and adults. That adds up to countless opportunities to use your skills, training, and compassion to make a difference in the lives of others.
Similarly, we support our employees through benefits like, professional development opportunities and paid supervision. Some of our other benefits include:
- 15 agency holidays and 15 sick days in addition to generous vacation days
- Health/dental/vision plans that are subsidized up to 80%
- Tuition assistance and educational loan forgiveness
- Access to 403(b) retirement benefits and a pension.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Senior Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for ensuring the efficient and safe management, operation and maintenance of buildings and grounds as assigned. The position supervises the work of Maintenance Supervisors, handyman and outside vendors and contractors, with administration management of all maintenance activities, including: custodial, equipment, and repairs including but not limited to plumbing, electrical, carpentry, HVAC, grounds maintenance. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supervise/manage maintenance work performed by staff, custodial, electrical, carpentry, plumbing, HVAC and grounds maintenance by staff and/or by outside contractors
- Schedule Sysaid Work Tickets, inspect work upon completion, and sign off; Inspects, evaluates, reports on repair & service requests, and inspections; Requisitions, distributes and inspects materials, tools and equipment needed for repairs and maintenance
- Performs admin assignments and supervision of Handymen, and porter staff; Performs daily safety inspection of facility, and initiates necessary steps to eliminate any hazards
- Ensures heating and air conditioning services are working and maintained via daily inspections; Ensures that all security/safety systems (locks, cameras, etc.) are operational
- Coordinate maintenance/implementation of fire safety (ex: fire drills) and EHS trainings; Inspects and records status of fire extinguishers monthly
- Provide hands-on work re: (cleaning, repairs, painting, HVAC, fire panel) in the event handyperson or porter is absent until replacement can be arranged; Responsible for on-call coverage overnight and on weekends, as assigned
- Supervises and/or conducts inspections and/or basic repairs of Agency fleet vehicles
- Responsible for management of repair work involving alterations to buildings and grounds; Ensures the outside grounds are properly maintained, cut, tripped, and free of debris and snow on a daily basis; Ensures kitchen equipment is operational and in safe working order
- Other duties as assigned
The Jewish Board is currently looking for talented facilities professionals of all cultures, religions, races, and gender expressions with the following qualifications:
- A High School Diploma is required, with 7 years of experience as a handyperson, building superintendent or maintenance worker, skilled in carpentry, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, fire safety systems; 4 years of the experience must be in a supervisory capacity
- Mastery level knowledge of Boilers, furnaces, mechanical, electrical & plumbing systems; Will be required to obtain and maintain NYFD certificates of fitness for: F01 Citywide Fire Guard for Impairment - F03 Indoor Place of Assembly Safety Personnel - F07 Fire and Emergency Drill Conductor - P99 Low Pressure Oil Burner Operator - S95 Supervision of Fire Alarm Systems and other Related Systems
- A Valid driver's license, and clean driving record is required for this position
We respect diversity and accordingly are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, partnership status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This applies with respect to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, termination, assignments, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs, and all other terms and condition of employment as well as general treatment during employment.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities, without regard to any protected classifications, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Any employees who need assistance to perform their job duties because of a physical or mental condition should contact human resources.
- Job Family Facility Support [100s]
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator 9040 - Non-Professional Hospital
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education High School