Amazon Corporate LLC Senior Security Engineer, AWS in New York, New York
Amazon Web Services (AWS) Security is looking for a passionate, innovative, results oriented Senior Security Engineer for the AWS Security Vulnerability Management team. At Amazon Web Services (AWS), Security is job zero. Our team is responsible for inventing new security services that enable and automate security solutions at AWS' unprecedented scale. Our team offers the unique opportunity for engineers to collaborate with leading industry security experts while working across multiple AWS Service teams. You will lead a small team of security engineers and technical program managers to engineer the solutions that will radically reduce the human cost associated with patching by building the mechanisms to ingest, assess, report and continuously monitor the security state of assets across AWS. We are data-driven, set big goals, and are always challenging ourselves and each other to identify better solutions.
As a Senior Security Engineer in AWS Vulnerability Management, you will work on a team of security engineers, software engineers, and technical program managers who will define and build the mechanisms for tracking ingestion, assessment and notification of vulnerabilities across the AWS fleet. You will define and build best operational practices for tracking, monitoring and identifying patterns of issues across the fleet to enable enterprise wide solutions. You will collaborate with technical and business stakeholders across the organization, from engineers to executives, to operationalize these efforts. A successful candidate will be a deeply curious individual who brings technical and leadership expertise and has experience using cutting edge technology to develop innovative solutions to complex technical challenges at incredible scale.
As a Security Engineer in AWS Vulnerability Management you will be responsible for a set of long term security outcomes. Your day to day job responsibilities will include:
* Collaborate with team management to define goals and priorities that enable your team to deliver against business objectives
* Act as a VM technical lead, providing escalation support and mentorship to less experienced team members
* Work across AWS teams, gaining buy-in and driving change to achieve security goals
* Contribute to briefings, roadmaps, and long-range planning documents
* Partner with product teams across Amazon to develop scalable solutions to security vulnerabilities
* Develop tooling to automate and refine vulnerability management processes
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
* 4+ years experience in vulnerability management
* 4+ years of scripting or programming experience in Ruby, Python, Shell/BASH scripting, Java, C/C++, C*, Perl, or other languages
* Experience with developing software tooling to solve custom problems
* Experience translating technically complex issues into simple, easy to understand concepts
* Ability to deal with ambiguity and establish clear strategy
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.