The Boston Consulting Group Senior Product Manager in New York, New York
Location: New York, Pittsburgh
Geography: North America
Capabilities: Innovation & product development, Technology & digital
Industries: Technology industries
WHO WE ARE
Boston Consulting Group partners with leaders in business and society to tackle their most important challenges and capture their greatest opportunities. BCG was the pioneer in business strategy when it was founded in 1963. Today, we help clients with total transformation-inspiring complex change, enabling organizations to grow, building competitive advantage, and driving bottom-line impact.
To succeed, organizations must blend digital and human capabilities. Our diverse, global teams bring deep industry and functional expertise and a range of perspectives to spark change. BCG delivers solutions through leading-edge management consulting along with technology and design, corporate and digital ventures and business purpose. We work in a uniquely collaborative model across the firm and throughout all levels of the client organization, generating results that allow our clients to thrive.
As a seamlessly integrated part of the BCG network, we provide consulting services focused on the development and implementation of business-critical IT architecture and digital solutions. We create technology platforms and deliver exceptionally customized solutions of the future for our clients, from data strategies to next-generation customer journey solutions and transformational business models. We solve the most daunting challenges that companies face today and envision for tomorrow. Our style is entrepreneurial nimble and innovative, with multifaceted, cross-functional teams and completely vendor-independent. Our unique selling proposition is technology expertise and delivery excellence.
Platinion was founded in 2000. Since then, we have grown continuously and successfully. Today we have offices in Europe, North and South America, Asia Pacific and Africa.
PRACTICE AREA PROFILE
BCG Platinion launched in Germany in 2000 to add deep technical expertise to the Boston Consulting Group s existing capabilities. Today, our presence spans across the globe, with offices in Asia, Europe, and South and North America. Our New York-based North American team began in 2014 and in 2017 acquired MAYA Design, a Pittsburgh-based digital design and innovation lab, to grow our capabilities around technology and design. We support our clients total digital transformation through technology, design, cybersecurity, and risk management & financial engineering capabilities. And together with BCG, BCG Platinion s interdisciplinary team of technical experts enable customized technical solutions and accelerate delivery value through new business platforms, application consolidations, and major system implementations.
WHAT YOU\'LL DO
At BCG Platinion, we re bringing design to the front line of business challenges, creating work that solves problems in novel and feasible ways. Our Product Managers are responsible for leading teams to ship products that are useful, useable, and desirable. They act as a balanced leader who understand the value of both a hypothesis and discovery-driven approach, and can push teams to make logical decisions for the best digital solutions. We look for Product Managers who are resilient mitigating risk and guiding teams back on course when things don t go as planned. They work well under pressure, can easily insert into a team even in the middle of a product s life cycle, and are confident decision-makers especially with incomplete information.
Senior Product Managers at BCG Platinion are:
* Influencers. They build strong networks internally and externally using their relationships to influence all levels of stakeholders without formal authority.
* Leaders. They help build, train and lead product teams to continuously discover, design, and deliver breakthrough products that meet business needs.
* Collaborative. They are supportive team members who give great feedback. They embrace working in interdisciplinary teams and believe different perspectives and backgrounds drive the most innovative solutions.
* Change Agents. They know what it takes to get people on board for change whether it be implementing a new system, strategy or process to transferring ownership of a product to client teams.
* Human-Centered. They start with people and thoughtfully consider the usefulness and usability of everything they create.
* Relationship builders. They seek alignment with cross functional stakeholder groups across all levels.
* Problem Solvers. They use their broad knowledge and experience to drive impact, and think creatively to solve complex issues.
* Manage product definition and delivery, working with designers, strategy consultants, and engineers to create a compelling vision
* Help implement proof of concepts and pilots to validate value of innovation, including defining project scope, requirements and success metrics
* Work with the design team to gain an understanding of user personas, painpoints, and journeys
* Lead ideation and brainstorming sessions to devise creative and disruptive digital solutions
* Assists in defining of the product / concept roadmap
* Work with teams to develop and implement products, services, APIs, and data solutions to drive digital transformation projects
* Implement Agile principles and methodology
* Assist in managing the relationships with stakeholders, technical teams, and external development partners
* Assist in presenting client demos
* Travel around the globe to work with clients and BCG teams. At times, this role involves significant travel to client sites. The amount of travel will depend on client needs and nature of projects
WHAT YOU\'LL BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
* BS or MS in Design, Engineering, Business or equivalent professional experience
* 2+ years Agile development in a production environment at a startup or tech organization
* 4+ years in a product development role with experience in launching digital products (Product owner, Business analyst, Bus/Design Strategist)
* Proven success working in and promoting a rapidly changing, collaborative, and iterative product development environment
* Strong interpersonal skills, analytical skills, combined with intellectual curiosity, and a desire and ability to "get things done"
* Demonstrate a passion for human-centered products and services
* Must have experience in launching digital products
* Experience in a client-service or consultative role which might include management consulting, creative services, design, finance or operations
* Excellent analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and make decisions
* Knowledge and understanding of technical engineering best practices
* Familiarity with IoT platforms and technologies
BCG pioneered strategy consulting more than 50 years ago, and we continue to innovate and redefine the industry. We offer multiple career paths for the world s best talent to have a real impact on business and society. As part of our team, you will benefit from the breadth and diversity of what we are doing today and where we are headed next. We count on your authenticity, exceptional work, and strong integrity.
The Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law, where applicable, and those with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable state and local laws.
Employer's Job# 10033409-10
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.