ConEdison Senior Innovation Analyst in New York, New York
Senior Innovation Analyst
Jun 29, 2020
Posting Expiration Date:Jul 6, 2020
Organization:Dist Resource Integration
Department:Utility of the Future
Section:DRI Utility of the Future
Location:NY-New York-4 Irving Pl Headquarters
Senior Strategy Analyst
Senior Category Analyst, Supply Chain
Specialist, EH&S Communications - Reporting & Analysis
Specialist (1H), Sr Specialist (2L) (Supervisor) EH&S Lab Services (ChemLab)
Manager, EEDM FP&A
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
Utilize understanding of the Con Edison business model to assess new business opportunities and how they can contribute to corporate goals and strategic objectives.
Build and manage relationships with key internal stakeholders, developing a deep understanding of challenges across and within various CECONY departments. Key internal stakeholders reside across the company including in Central, Electric, and Customer Operations, Customer Energy Solutions, Shared Services (e.g. R&D, IT).
Provide support and coaching to innovation initiative owners throughout the project development process (including concept development, executive pitches, testing, funding requests).
Design, develop and implement internal and/or external workshops to identify potential company/industry challenges and potential innovation solutions to address.
Direct and provide market/product/customer research, economic modeling, and financial analysis to support company positions on new innovative products/services.
Provide subject matter expertise on innovation-related topics, including new markets, technologies, and business development to key internal and external stakeholders.
Develop and present innovation strategy, process, projects, pipelines, lessons learned, etc. to internal senior executives and external stakeholders (including DPS Staff) as required to continue and grow their support of innovation strategies, plans, and projects.
Construct and manage relationships with relevant external networks, companies, and trade organizations that have or can develop solutions to help the Company achieve its strategic priorities.
Manage external service providers, ensuring on-time and on-budget delivery of service provisions.
Contribute to external innovation and disruptors scanning to identify and track new developing technologies/products/services that could help achieve corporate goals or pose business model threats, and communicate to relevant executives, organizations, stakeholders.
Assist in communication and coordination with other utility and non-utility innovation teams to benchmark best practices, gather lessons learned, and identify potential new promising solutions for utility issues.
Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree And 5 years of work experience
Bachelor's Degree preferred in engineering, information technology or other technical field, or business, economics or equivalent
Master's Degree preferred in technical or management discipline (e.g., MA, MBA, PhD)
Required Work Experience
Work experience in a role that involved directing, supporting, or contributing to corporate innovation. This experience may have occurred in a product development, strategic planning, advisory, research, operational, or other capacity. Required
Knowledge of or experience with business, technical or customer-focused innovations, or other related energy technologies. Required
Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, demonstrated by experience in facilitating meetings, crafting and delivering presentations to internal and external stakeholders, including executive audiences. Required
Experience analyzing information, either technical or financial, and making recommendations based on that information and analysis. Required
Ability to problem solve, develop hypotheses, structure thinking, and proven analytical skills. Required
Ability to effectively interact with customers, third parties, regulators, and all levels of management. Required
Well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments and deadlines. Required
Excellent oral, written and presentation skills. Required
Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite (i.e., Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint). Required
Energy and utility industry research and/or financial modeling experience. Preferred
Working knowledge of Company operations and policies. Preferred
Understand the utility business model. Preferred
Knowledge of and experience in the Con Edison electric, gas and/or steam system. Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Must be able and willing to travel inside and outside of the Con Edison service territory.
Technical Difficulty Statement
- For technical issues, please contact us at[email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.