ENGIE North America Inc. Senior HR Business Partner in New York, New York
SENIOR HR BUSINESS PARTNER
ORGANISATION : HUMAN RESOURCES - AMERICAS
ENGIE Impact delivers sustainability solutions and services to corporations, cities and governments across the globe. Comprised of existing and proven ENGIE Group businesses, ENGIE Impact brings together a wide range of strategic and technical capabilities, to provide a comprehensive offer to support clients in tackling their complex sustainability challenges from strategy to execution. Why join us?
With 18 offices worldwide and headquarters in New York City, ENGIE Impact today has a portfolio of 1,000 clients, including 25% of the Fortune 500 Companies, across more than 1,000,000 sites. Uniting ENGIE Insight, Ecova UK, Red Engineering and the Advisory and Advanced Analytics division of Tractebel under a common umbrella, ENGIE Impact was created to engage with executives and organizational leaders to set tailored strategies and specific roadmaps to achieve their sustainability and zero-carbon objectives, across energy, water, waste and more, globally.
READY TO ACT RIGHT NOW, FOR TOMORROW?
The Senior HR Business Partner is a key member of the HR Team actively partnering with the business to lead an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity, positive culture changes and effective performance management practices. The Senior HRBP will partner with the business to ensure successful implementation of corporate-wide programs and initiatives across the organization, in support of ENGIE Impacts overall business strategy. Expected to work across the Enterprise on large program execution, program development, or multi-function organizational design. .
* Typically, will have responsibility for several functional business units and business organizations, each with a separate Sr. Executive and associated staff. As such, is a key contributor to Enterprise strategy development and execution. A key strategic advisor to the Executive Committee and Sr. Leadership Team.
* As a senior member of the HR Business Partner Team, will provide strategic and operational excellence by translating business strategy and requirements into value-adding approaches to workforce planning, change management and operational efficiency.
* May have direct reports. Responsible for development of, and leadership for, the HR Business Partner Team, including recruitment, training, performance managing, empowerment, individual development, and team building.
* Acts as a thought partner to Executive and Senior leadership in defining their team and talent strategies and objectives. Directly assists in the execution of Talent strategies with senior leaders and COE (Centers of Excellence) partners.
* Provide strategic support to the business to design the organization structure, roles and responsibilities including the definition of the future capability requirements. May lead design efforts that span multiple functions or geographies.
* In partnership with HR and the business leadership, develops an Integrated Talent Strategy focused on acquiring, moving and developing talent in support of building functional bench strength and high performing teams.
* As a senior HR professional, will conduct internal investigations as required when allegations of policy violations are made, with the objective of influencing resolution and mitigating company risk.
* Partner with leadership and HR Talent organization to design and deliver appropriate talent planning activities that will identify talent, leadership development priorities, and succession plans. Focus efforts on personal development needs and promote a learning environment which supports on-the-job opportunities within the teams, and internally across the company.
* Coach business leaders on leadership behaviors and practices, employee communication, development and performance management strategies and tactics to promote engagement and a culture of continuous growth and development.
* Develop partnerships with HR functional teams (e.g., Comp, Regional HR, L&D, Recruitment) and other staff groups (e.g., Finance, Communications) to deliver integrated solutions to HR-related needs
DO YOU TICK ALL THE BOXES?
We are looking for TALENTED AND MOTIVATED PEOPLE to create the future of SUSTAINABILITY TRANSITION. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity and help us meet the energy challenges of today and tomorrow.
* Bachelors degree in business, finance, or related field required. Professional certification in Human Resources preferred.
* An advanced degree in HR, Organizational Development, or related field is desired
* Minimum of 15 years experience required as an HR Director, HR Business Partner or Employee Relations Manager preferably in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
* Industry or consulting experience in change management, organizational design & learning & development
* Strong HR Consulting and business partnering experience required, in-depth experience in performance management, employee relations, investigations and strong knowledge of HR law and applications is required.
* Experience leading, mentoring and effectively managing teams to performance is required.
* Proven experience in a large, multinational organization is required.
* Must have Business Partner experience supporting key executive staff and large lines of business (500 to 600 employees at a minimum).
* Experience in large, world-class strategy consulting firms and/or in financial institutions/banks would be a plus
* Proven ability to provide sound business decisions within the bounds of labor laws and proven proficiency in and experience managing diverse employee base
* Must quickly establish personal and HR credibility within the organization and have the ability and the desire to embrace change as well as the ability to lead others through the change process. Comfortable challenging the status quo and willing to "roll up their sleeves and get things done" as well as possess a can do" attitude.
* Must demonstrate highly effective interpersonal communication skills and a sound understanding of the business.
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure, independently, and within a collaborative team-oriented environment. Proven ability to use sound judgment in decision-making
* Desire to coach and develop others to ensure best in class delivery of HR services
* Must be detail-oriented, analytical, able to work well under deadlines in a changing environment, and able to perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently.
* Demonstrates excellent communication and customer service to internal and external customers
* Ability to work with all levels of management and staff.
* Ability to work in a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
* Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Employer's Job# HR00000128-New York
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.