Ankura Senior Director, Global Construction Practice in New York, New York
Ankura is an expert services firm defined by HOW we solve challenges. Whether a client is facing an immediate business challenge, trying to increase the value of their company or protect against future risks, Ankura designs, develops and executes tailored solutions by assembling the right combination of expertise. We build on this experience with every case, client, and situation, collaborating to create innovative, customized solutions, and strategies designed for today’s ever-changing business environment. This gives our clients unparalleled insight and experience across a wide range of economic, governance, and regulatory challenges. At Ankura, we know that collaboration drives results. For more information, please visit www.ankura.com.
Ankura’s Global Construction Practice (GCP) works with owners, developers, contractors, providers of capital, and their legal counsel to proactively manage risk on large capital investments through our advisory services and to forensically investigate project impacts for the resolution of claims through our dispute resolution services. Our advisory services include: program management, project financing assistance, project risk management, CPM scheduling, claims management, and business process improvement. Our dispute resolution services include: forensic scheduling, project cost/quantum analyses, and professional liability reviews. Ankura also has many qualified experts who have testified in a variety of dispute arenas, including: litigation, international arbitrations, and government contract disputes.
The GCP offers a truly global footprint and client base, with offices and projects across the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia, and Australia. Careers with the GCP offer the potential for travel nationally and globally, with opportunities to impact the biggest and most challenging construction and infrastructure projects around the world.
Position: Senior Director, Global Construction Practice
Locations: Atlanta, GA; Baltimore, MD; Boston, MA; Chicago, IL; Dallas, TX; Denver, CO; Fairfield, CT; Houston, TX; Irvine, CA; Los Angeles, CA; Miami, FL; New York, NY; Philadelphia, PA; Phoenix, AZ; San Francisco, CA; San Juan, PR; Seattle, WA; Tampa, FL; Washington, DC
• Supporting detailed analyses of project schedule delays, cost overruns, productivity, contracts, change orders and other issues related to design and construction
• Assisting in the development and acquisition of work engagements
• Assisting in the research and analyzing project cost records
• Analyzing financial statements and other pertinent documentation
• Reconciling claim amounts to accounting systems and to insurers’ calculations
• Using Ankura’s proprietary tools in the development of claim methodology and work product
• Developing computer models of schedules, contractor production rates and costs using various software packages
• Assisting with data gathering activities including document review and supervision, and quality control of data entry activities
• Supervising appropriate personnel including analysts, less experienced associates, client personnel, clerical support, and others as appropriate
• Demonstrating proper documentation of work product
• Engagement and strategy planning
• Preparing client communications for senior level review
• Coordinating administrative functions including time tracking and bill preparation
• Supporting the GCP’s recruiting efforts through participation in campus events and office interviews
• Supporting the GCP's development efforts
• Monitoring individual chargeability and proactively seeking assignments to maintain projected chargeability
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in Engineering, Management, Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Mathematics, or related discipline
• 10+ Years of experience in the construction and engineering industries
• Proficient in MS Office products including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Access
• Proficiency with Primavera Project Planner and project scheduling technique experience is highly preferred
• Experience in damages and investigative work focused on contractual disputes, claims, and litigation
• Ability to research, including the use of the internet and other information sources, and a solid knowledge base in their course of study
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Strong project management skills and attention to detail
• Efficient, flexible, and creative problem-solving skills, a high level of motivation, and excellent analytical and organizational skills
• Willingness to travel and work overtime when needed
Ankura is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment Opportunities at Ankura are based upon one’s qualifications and capabilities to perform the essential function of a particular job. All employment opportunities are provided without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This Equal Employment opportunity governs all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, selection, job assignment, promotions, transfers, compensation, discipline, termination, layoff, access to benefits and training, and all other conditions and privileges of employment.