Marriott Senior Director, Digital Products – Web in New York, New York
Job Number 21000884
Job Category Sales & Marketing
Location Marriott International HQ, 10400 Fernwood Road, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
Senior Director, Home/Moblie/Web Products will work closely with key stakeholders to drive the development and implementation specific products from conception to launch, understanding the implications of certain decisions and make trade-offs in terms of complexity, depth and timelines. Is the product evangelist and subject matter expert and serves as the “go to leader” for timely updates to internal and, where applicable, external customers.The person in this role will define product strategy, feature roadmap and lead the execution of the product roadmap.
The ideal candidate is a proven innovative leader with large global brands that can motivate large teams, has deep ecommerce/digital expertise, experience managing large transactional websites and Apps, demonstrates analytical and financial management acumen, and ultimately has a passion for the travel business and delivering great products that consumers love.
Education and Experience
· College degree in Marketing, eCommerce, or related field; MBA or advanced degree in Digital Commerce Product management desirable
· Ten or more years’ experience in product management, strategy, or related function
· Three or more years’ experience leading direct reports and cross functional teams with P&L responsibility
· Proficient with web/app/api technologies, and user interface design
· Demonstrated success developing products that consumers love and managing large-scale transactional digital platforms is required
· Experience with Agile development methodologies
· Strong preference for candidates with experience in Excel, SQL, Omniture, A/B and multi-variate testing with deep understanding of best practices in user experience, anaytics and drivers of conversion
· Proven ability to lead and work with cross-functional teams in support of specific business priorities
· Effective written and oral communications skills, with sensitivity to global communication needs
· Ability to solve problems quickly, think creatively, and satisfy Internet speed-to- market requirements
· Ability to execute budget-sensitive product and product marketing plans with tight timelines
· Demonstrates self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm
· Demonstrated strong presentation, negotiation, and persuasion skills
· Demonstrated ability in product lifecycle management with deep demonstrated empathy for guest travel needs and desire to solve consumers problems, at scale
· Adaptable and energized by change; willingness to test new approaches and drive change
· Thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
§ Deep intellectual curiosity and passion to solve core consumer problems
§ Demonstrates self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
§ Driven to hit deadlines and achieve goals
§ Ability to solve problems quickly, think creatively, and satisfy Internet speed-to-market requirements.
§ Thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, but within a large, complex business.
§ Team player that works well with counterparts from various functions/departments and has the ability to influence the work of counterparts without direct reporting accountability
§ Highly motivated individual with a strong sense of ownership, responsibility, attention to detail and demonstrated track record in managing multiple projects/tasks concurrently in tight timelines
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Core Work Activites
· Understand how our business and technology needs are evolving and provide insights and recommendations as you partner with key stakeholders to identify short-term solves, bridge strategies, and long-term visions for assigned product(s).
· Gather and detail product requirements from stakeholders across the organization to inform roadmap items; evaluate technical complexity of requirements in order to appropriately prioritize work and manage expectations cross-functionally.
· Develop and lead the technology roadmap and backlog to implement specific product capabilities, ensuring critical requirements are identified, the best solutions for the end user are delivered every time, and alignment with broader group and portfolio objectives.
· Advocate for the end user by developing a deep understanding of their needs through feedback and research
· Collaborate with cross-functional team members to drive value and develop customer friendly features and enhancements
· Provide direction for the technology development, including cost estimation, budget management, scope and delivery strategy definition, and establish milestones/schedules
· Partner with solution architects and software engineers to determine best technical implementation methods as well as a reasonable implementation schedule.
· Plan delivery, integration & test, and post-launch support for all the elements required in product delivery and operation working with applicable teams
· Owns the quality and overall product performance, leading user testing and establishing KPI monitoring with QA partners.
· Manage project/scrum teams based upon roadmap(s). Meet regularly with the team(s) to gather work statuses, discuss obstacles, provide advice, guidance, encouragement, and constructive feedback to ensure deliverables are met timely.
· Collaborate across teams, and creatively solve problems to constructively balance priorities and overcome or remove blockers required to successfully deliver a new product or feature.
· Maintains the right level of demand management and capacity planning for the product as the owner of its KPIs inclusive of business and financial metrics and performance.
· Maintains high performance levels by attracting, developing and retaining talent, managing performance, building career paths, and aligning performance and rewards to company goals.
· Contribute to end user support artifacts/information/collateral development including feature/capability descri
- Marriott Jobs