Alvarez Marsal Holdings LLC Senior Associate/Manager, Disputes and Investigations in New York, New York
Alvarez & Marsal Disputes and Investigations; Senior Associate/Manager
Alvarez & Marsal's (A& M) Disputes and Investigations practice has set a new standard for bringing a practical, results-oriented approach to solving problems related to business investigations, complex disputes and regulatory interventions. From the boardroom to the courtroom, the firm delivers a wide array of solutions to contentious situations by drawing on the deep skills, diverse disciplines and experiences of its professionals who offer a unique ability to articulate complex findings in a clear and meaningful manner.
- Disputes: Resolves complex matters posing a threat/disruption to normal operations by providing litigation consulting, expert testimony and reports, and forensic analysis
- Investigations: Conduct incisive fraud investigation and forensic accounting services
A& M is a global professional services firm specializing in turnaround and interim management, performance improvement and business advisory services. A& M delivers specialist operational, consulting and industry expertise to management and investors seeking to accelerate performance, overcome challenges and maximize value across the corporate and investment lifecycles. Founded in 1983, the firm is known for its distinctive restructuring heritage, hands-on approach and relentless focus on execution and results.
Alvarez & Marsal's Global Disputes and Investigations practice is seeking a Director/Senior Director for its team in Washington, DC.
- Perform initial analyses and provide summary of accounting, finance, economic issues
- Review documents to identify items relevant to an investigation or dispute consulting matter
- Assist with compiling, analyzing, and documenting facts for matters under investigation or in litigation
- Assist in developing and/or evaluating damages, claims and calculations
- Prepare financial models, cash flow analysis, and other analyses to support business valuations and damage assessments
- Create financial models based on business issues or transactions being analyzed
- Assist with drafting reports and findings including the preparation of tables, exhibits, and charts
- Assist with researching technical and industry specific issues
- Develop and suggest solutions to complex problems by thinking "outside the box"
- Balance multiple client projects and other responsibilities
- Communicate effectively to all levels of engagement management
- Bachelor's degree in accounting (preferred), finance, economics or other business-related field
- 3-5 years of experience in Big 4 or national accounting firm or a forensic/dispute consulting practice in a professional services firm
- CPA designation/eligibility required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Interest in forensic/dispute consulting and business valuation
- Must have flexibility to travel
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Diversity & Inclusion
A& M's entrepreneurial culture celebrates independent thinkers and doers who can positively impact our clients and shape our industry. The collaborative environment and engaging work-guided by A& M's core values of Integrity, Quality, Objectivity, Fun, Personal Reward, and Inclusive Diversity-are the main reasons our people love working at A& M. Inclusive Diversity means we embrace diversity and we foster inclusiveness. It runs through how we recruit, develop employees, conduct business, support clients, and partner with vendors. It is the A& M way.
It is Alvarez & Marsal's policy to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per A& M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A& M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity