NBC Universal Senior Archivist in New York, New York
Job Number 45163BR
Job Title Senior Archivist
Business Segment NBC News and MSNBC
Sub-Business NBC News
Posting Category Research
About Us At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Country United States
State New York
City New York
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or liberal arts field preferred
Additional Job Requirements:
• This is an overnight position. Must also be able to work flexible hours including weekends, and holidays.
• Willingness to work extended shifts or additional shifts on short notice to cover breaking news and developing news assignments.
• Must be willing to work in New York City
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
•Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Knowledge of current and historical news events
• Ability to work well under pressure – to remain professional & self-composed when dealing with sometimes demanding clients under tight deadlines
• Must be able to work without direct supervision and to exercise independent judgement in satisfying client requirements
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with clients and co-workers
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team
• Ability to juggle multiple tasks, re-prioritizing as needed
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Attention to detail
• Knowledge of Avid systems including Assist, Access, Media Composure, Media Central & INews a plus
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.