Arup Rail Engineering Intern (Available June 2021) in New York, New York
Rail Engineering Intern (Available June 2021)
3 days agoPost Date
Start Here, Go Anywhere! Are you looking for an opportunity to shape a better world?
During your internship at Arup, you’ll have the chance to work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You’ll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
• MicroStation and AutoCAD software to lay out right-of-way, rail alignments, drainage systems, roadway design, sidewalks and pedestrian accommodation, utility systems, and grading designs.
• Hydraulic modeling tools such as InfoWorks, Hydraflow and WaterCAD to plan, analyze and design stormwater systems and track drainage systems, and target other resiliency improvements.
• Applicable codes such as AREMA, Agency Design Standards, NEC/NFPA, and related specifications and standards for design of the above elements.
• You will become familiar with the:
• Interdependence between skills in delivering sustainable outcomes
• Many phases of the planning, design and construction process
• Techniques associated with construction activities and construction phasing analysis
• Inter-disciplinary coordination with Structures, Architecture, M/E/P, Communications, Signaling, as well as other Operations and Maintenance concerns
• Techniques to develop Quality work
• Regulatory environment for gaining approval at different stages of project delivery
• Wide range of disciplines and skills within Arup
• Needs and concerns of our clients
• Big-picture awareness that permeates every skill area in Arup
• Format, style and quality of our reports, calculations, plans, drawing and specifications
• Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering
• 3.0 GPA or higher
• Demonstrated interest in Rail & Transit Infrastructure
• Sound knowledge of civil engineering fundamentals
• Familiarity with civil drafting software
• Technical writing
• Professional demeanor
• Good communication skills essential for team-based working
• Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment
• Must be highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges • The ability to prioritize effectively, balance assigned work and exceptional organization skills required for our constantly evolving environment
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills essential for team-based working
• Presentation skills with colleagues and clients of all levels
• Must not require sponsorship, now or in the future to be considered for this role
• Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering
• EIT/ FE Certification
• Proficiency with civil engineering design and analysis tools for rail, roads, and/or water systems
• Fluency in 3D CAD software
• Technical editing
• Evidence of past internship or extracurricular activity in the field
• Proven ability to perform in a deadline driven environment
• Past history of technical presentations and technical writing
• Evidence of personal investment in academic or extracurricular field
Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world's most prominent projects across our industry. We offer a broad range of professional services to clients around the world that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
• Second Avenue Subway
• Fulton Street Transit Center
• JetBlue Airway's Terminal 5 at JFK Airport
• Renovation of Lincoln Center
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to grow. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Previous Job Searches
Create and manage profiles for future opportunities.
Track your opportunities.
New York, United States
Post Date:3 days ago
©Arup Careers. All rights reserved.
- Arup Jobs