Barclays RAD Developer - AVP in New York, New York
RAD Developer - AVP
New York, NY
As a Barclays RAD Developer you will implement the Analytics & Risk Management strategy of the Equity Finance Business with the Prime Services division. This business is at the forefront of industry leading innovative client focused solutions using big data and financial modelling. As such, you will be required to convert evolving business and trade ideas into strategic solutions in the securities industry, working in a fast pace iterative manner, closely aligned with Front Office.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
What will you be doing?
• Build strong partnership with global stakeholders (includes traders, product management, product control, and quants) to implement FO Analytics & FO Risk management strategy.
• Work in a small Quant developer team focusing on various aspects of the projects leading to the successful implementation and improvements of the business critical tasks.
• Use analytical skills, knowledge of financial instruments, including financial asset pricing, risk metrics, and management to build solutions for end users (traders)
• Relationship management will be a critical competency for this role as there will be a broad and impactful range of engagement with application and business stake holders.
• Work in collaboration with business partners to build long lasting and high quality services to our clients.
What we’re looking for:
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a technical discipline, e.g. Computer Science, Math, and Physics
• 4+ years of software engineering experience including hands-on experience in all phases of software development lifecycle
• Knowledge of Python and Data Analysis and Visualization libraries (Pandas & at least one of the following: Bokeh, Dash, Plotly)
• Knowledge of VBA/Macro development
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Investment Bank FO experience (incl. market applications BBG/Reuters)
• Experience dealing with financial data
• Experience building Web applications
• Familiarity with Jupyter suite of application
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
- Barclays Jobs