Bank of America Production Support - Emerging Markets in NEW YORK, New York
Production Support - Emerging Markets
NEW YORK, New York
Work as a level one support for the emerging markets business. The rates support role requires someone who can work high pressure trading environment and assimilate information from multiple sources quickly. The role requires a good problem solver, and someone who can adhere to strict procedures and guidelines which include incident, service request and change management.
Supports Global Markets Trading functions. Performs analytical, technical, and administrative work in planning, installing, designing and supporting new and existing personal computer equipment and software under moderate supervision. Resolves more complex issues. Consults with end users to determine optimal configuration of equipment and applications. Installs new hardware, software, and maintains existing hardware. Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situation or data requires a review of identifiable factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Should have increased awareness and exposure to basic technical principles, concepts and techniques. Typically 1-3 years of technology experience.
The following are key responsibilities fulfilled by a EM and Risk MAPS Analyst (although not limited to):
• First point of contact for business requests and reported impact (Business facing)
• Manage issues by communicating to relevant stake holders through normal communication channels, raising incidents and problem records.
• Monitoring and alerting of critical trading system environments
• Release implementation and post-release testing
• Build and maintain strong partnerships with business stakeholders, application development personnel, and infrastructure contacts
• Troubleshooting of complex systems issues
• Proactive identification and resolution of problem hotspots
• Development of tools and driving efficiency/stability improvements
• Accurate tracking of support effort to enable effective management reporting
• Enforcement of change management policy
•The ability to rationalize the impact of multiple concurrent issues/requests and prioritize work accordingly
• An independent sense of motivation to continuously improve themselves and their environment
• An intuitive problem solving ability which leads to solution alternatives that reflect the analyst’s diverse foundation of knowledge, skills and experiences
• The confidence, focus, and adaptable communication style required to effectively coordinate restoration efforts for high-impact technology incidents
The core set of technical skills that are beneficial in the role are:
• Incdent, problem and service management.
Being able to support
• Operating systems: Solaris, Linux, Windows
• Programming languages: Python, .NET, Java
• Scripting languages: Unix Shell, Perl, Python
• SQL (Intermediate level: multi-table joins, grouping results, etc...)
• Well rounded understanding of infrastructure disciplines (network, server, storage, messaging)
Relevant areas of business expertise would include :
• Product knowledge – Fixed Income, Currencies, Commodities, Credit, Mortgage-backed Securities, Interest Rate Derivatives
• Electronic trading and exchange connectivity
• Market data distribution
• Risk and P/L delivery
Core Technology Infrastructure Organization:
Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world
Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to perform their jobs successfully
Wants to be a great place for people to work and strives to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
Provides continuous training and development opportunities to help employees achieve their career goals, whatever their background or experience.
Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve our clients and their evolving business needs.
Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting our communities by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving them what they need to remain vibrant and vital .
2nd shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role
Manages People: No
Talent Acquisition Contact:
Bank of America and its affiliates consider for employment and hire qualified candidates without regard to race, religious creed, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other bases such as medical condition, marital status or any other factor that is irrelevant to the performance of our teammates.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster, CLICK HERE at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf .
To view the "EEO is the Law" Supplement, CLICK HERE at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA508c.pdf .
Bank of America aims to create a workplace free from the dangers and resulting consequences of illegal and illicit drug use and alcohol abuse. Our Drug-Free Workplace and Alcohol Policy (“Policy”) establishes requirements to prevent the presence or use of illegal or illicit drugs or unauthorized alcohol on Bank of America premises and to provide a safe work environment.
To view Bank of America’s Drug-free workplace and alcohol policy, CLICK HERE .
Bank of America
- Bank of America Jobs