Grant Thornton LLP Partnership Tax Manager in New York, New York
Grant Thornton is collaborative, entrepreneurial and on the move. As part of a dynamic global organization of 47,000 people serving clients in more than 140 countries, we have the agility and focus it takes to be a leader.
Partnership Tax Manager**
Grant Thornton’s responsive, partner-led Tax service teams help dynamic companies navigate complexity and grow with insightful, practical tax advice. In addition to tax professionals across the United States, our Washington National Tax Office provides deep technical knowledge and responsive support in local, state, federal and international tax. Our tax services include: compliance, human capital services, federal tax services, international tax services, state and local tax services, private wealth services, tax reporting and advisory, partnership taxation, not-for-profit tax, and mergers & acquisition tax services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities * Responsible for the delivery of a full range of tax services for multiple clients in a wide variety of industries. * Tax compliance, partnership returns, joint venture, and non-corporate entity tax returns and combined state tax returns. * Manage, direct and monitor multiple client services teams on client engagements. * Interact closely with assigned tax clients to provide innovative tax planning, consulting, and compliance expertise to clients while managing the client assignments to budget. * Plan, execute, direct and complete assigned client tax projects in a wide variety of industries, including private equity. * Conduct primary and secondary review of partnership income tax returns. * Evaluate the tax aspects of partnership agreements and manage the client's Internal Revenue Code (IRC) 704b accounts. * Have a proficient working understanding of Sub-chapter K-Partnership taxation. * Direct and monitor the state tax compliance and composite filing activities. * Manage, develop, train and mentor assigned tax staff on tax projects and assess their performance for both engagement and year-end performance reviews. * Work closely with tax partners and other tax staff on client management, practice development and business development activities. * Maintain active communication with clients to manage their expectations, ensure client satisfaction, make sure deadlines are met and lead change efforts effectively. * Consult, collaborate with, and service clients to make recommendations on business and process improvements, and serve as a business adviser to client. * Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting. CPA or JD/active law license required.
- An active CPA license or a JD degree is required.
- Seven or more years of current federal tax consulting and/or tax compliance work experience in either a public accounting firm or a professional services firm is required.
- Excellent analytical, technical, and tax accounting/technology skills with proficiency in US GAAP, state tax compliance, partnership returns, joint venture and non-corporate entity tax returns and combined state tax returns, is required.
- Experience with partnership structuring, entity formation and mergers & acquisitions is preferred.
- Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships, is expected.
- Strong leadership, business development, training, coaching, and mentoring skills, are preferred.
- Excellent written, interpersonal and presentation skills are required.
- Advanced tax software experience, including knowledge of various tax software packages and technologies is required.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel to various client sites as requested is expected. Benefits:
Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits, please visitwww.gt.com.
Founded in Chicago in 1924, Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd., one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. Grant Thornton has revenues in excess of $1.7 billion and operates 59 offices, with more than 590 partners and 8,500 employees in the United States and at our Shared Services Center in Bangalore, India.
Grant Thornton works with a broad range of publicly- and privately-held companies, government agencies, financial institutions, and civic and religious organizations. Core industries served include consumer and industrial products, financial services, not-for-profit, private equity, and technology. Grant Thornton focuses on serving dynamic organizations that pursue growth holistically — whether through revenue improvement, leadership, mission fulfillment or innovation.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Title: Partnership Tax Manager
Location: New York-New York
Requisition ID: 042671