Project Renewal Nurse Coordinator in New York, New York
Project Renewal is a leading non-profit organization with the mission of ending the cycle of homelessness by empowering men, women and children to renew their lives with health, homes, and jobs. Our comprehensive and integrated 24/7 programs are designed to offer the holistic care our clients need. With a staff of 950+ and an annual budget of $82 million, Project Renewal is one of the larger social service nonprofits in New York City.
Title: Nurse Coordinator
Program: Buprenorphine Program - Project Renewal Health Services
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential duties of the Nurse Coordinator include but are not limited to the following activities:
• Responsible for providing leadership and supervision to the clients in the Buprenorphine Program and related level staff
• Responsible for carrying out necessary duties to support Project Renewal’s MAT services
• Coordinates and delivers client care during admission, physical examination, treatment, and follow-up, based on accepted principles of nursing science.
• Responsible for assessment and triage.
• Maintains medical supplies, equipment, medications and date inspection.
• Follows up with missed and canceled appointments via the telephone and/or written correspondence and with patients’ case managers/outreach workers in co-operation with the front office manager.
• Responsible for patient education, per the Recovery Center policies and procedures.
• Participates in the Infection Control Committee and Pharmacy Committee.
• Attends staff meetings and conferences.
• Maintains lab log book, consistent with regulatory requirements.
• Provides leadership for facility maintenance and cleanliness in compliance with OSHA standards.
• R.N. (Required)
• Licensed to practice in the State of New York (Required)
• Related experience
• Knowledge of ambulatory care and Managed Care Services
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Computer literate
Project Renewal is an equal opportunity employer. Its long-standing policy has been to embrace the equality of opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to actual or perceived race, color, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, religion or creed, gender (see separately issued Gender Discrimination policy for more detail), physical or mental disability, age (18 and over), military status, arrest record, marital status, domestic partnership status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, sexual orientation, status as a victim or witness of domestic violence, sex offenses or stalking, unemployment status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.