Novartis Services Incorporated NS Area Business Leader II - Seatlle, WA - Remote in New York, New York
NS Area Business Leader II - Seatlle, WA - Remote
Over 6 Million people in the US are affected by Heart Failure in the US with that number expected to increase to 8 million by 2030. Novartis has been at the forefront of Cardiovascular treatment for decades, delivering groundbreaking medicines that extend and improve life, and that's where we intend to stay there. We are Novartis. Join us and help reimagine medicine.
The Area Business Leader leads the entire PC portfolio of products and is accountable for Area sales performance, as measured by IC plan; key customer and market strategies, and strategic & effective resource allocation and management. The ABL will work collaboratively with Cardiovascular and CVA ABL has to have a seamless selling strategy.
The Area Business Leader will build effective and enduring local relationships with key customers and collaborate with cross-functional commercial peers (e.g., Marketing, Market Access, other Franchise Sales Associates etc.) to maximize business results. This Area Business Leader will also be accountable for leading, motivating and developing a high-performing team. Responsibilities include coaching representatives for success, managing the product needs and sales execution acumen of their teams.
Your key responsibilities:
* Applies National, Regional, and local strategies to develop and execute Area sales plans.
* Builds effective and enduring customer relationships; identifies and works closely with the most significant customers in the Area.
* Content specialist and Area reference point for all promoted portfolio products. Serves in a leadership role with regional management team on assigned responsibilities.
* Collaborates effectively with local Key Account Managers (KAM's) and with peers across other commercial functions/Business Units within NPC to maximize business results. Builds working relationships with C-Suite executives and key partners at assigned strategic accounts.
* Leads a high-performing team of Sales Representatives; hires, trains and develops reps as necessary; provides coaching and feedback aligned to NPC values/behaviors and Sales functional proficiencies; inspires representatives to meet and exceed Sales objectives.
* Maintains ongoing communication with Managing Director related to all areas of team's performance, development and Area needs.
* Efficiently and effectively manages/optimizes allocation of resources to deliver productive business results.
* Develops in-depth understanding of the local market environment and customers. Communicates customer insights to internal partners and drives execution of portfolio business strategies.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
What you will bring to the role:
* Bachelor's degree (preferably in Life Sciences, Pharmacy, or Business related field), MBA Preferred
* Minimum five -7 years commercial Pharmaceutical/Biotech/Medical Device experience, including sales experience. At least 2 years of management experience or completion of Novartis MDP
* Specialty experience and /or hospital/institutional experience is a plus
* Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire a group towards meeting and exceeding objectives
* Demonstrated ability to increase sales through facilitating relationships between customers' organizations and Novartis. Note: I would delete the rest of the sentence. It does not make sense in the broader marketplace and documented sales results
* Strong leadership, planning & organization, problem-solving and decision making skills
* Demonstrated ability to be creative, think "outside -the-box" and use innovative approaches while maintaining necessary compliance
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That is how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.