NYU School of Medicine Host Associate-Food Service in New York, New York
NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient locations, a children’s hospital, three emergency rooms and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute¿designated cancer center, and NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. For more information, go to nyulangone.org, and interact with us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Host Associate-Food Service.
In this role, the successful candidate, under the direction of the Patient Services Management, the Host Associate position is a technical position operating within the Food and Nutrition Services Department. The Host Associate is responsible for improving the quality of care. This is accomplished by creating an atmosphere of hospitality throughout the patients hospital stay.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the organizations Core Values of: Professionalism, Respect, Integrity, Diversity and Excellence, and incorporates them into the performance of duties. Employs the principle of positive guest relations, maintaining a good rapport and cooperative working relationship with all patients including co-workers and multi-disciplinary team members
- Reviews patient census information, articulates the menu selections, and works as a liaison to Patient Services for meal set up.
- Consults with Nutritionist and Supervisor regarding each patient’s dietary needs and changes in patient status.
- Informs supervisor of any special request in patient’s dietary needs.
- Enters patient meal preferences by using Room Service Choice. Menu preference information is entered using a hand held tablet. Maintains familiarity with the patient menu to answer patient questions.
- Assembles trays with selected menu items. Assist in serving of hot food as needed.
- Delivers meal trays in truck to patient care unit(s).
- Delivers meal trays to the patient’s bedside.
- Retrieves soiled trays from the patient bedside and return food truck to the kitchen.
- Keeps menu tally and totals. Inserts new menus and pull discharges to ensure new patients receive meals in a timely manner and meals are not sent for discharged patients.
- Checks and restocks floor supplies.
- Answers phones in a prompt and courteous manner and records calls on the Diet Office log as necessary.
- Remains available to patients at meal times in order to ensure patient satisfaction by making sure patients receive correct order and quick trays.
- Maintains a safe, clean and functional work environment.
- Maintains a professional appearance and speaks in a courteous manner using good customer service skills.
- Attends training classes and meetings as directed.
- Maintains patient confidentiality as required by NYULMC.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by management.
To qualify you must have a Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent. Some college and/or higher academic standing preferred. Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently, bi-lingual a plus. Must have basic math, grammar, computer and key boarding skills. Must have interpersonal skills, and ability to perform\ service recovery is necessary to effectively interact with patients, families, employees and staff. Ability to walk to assigned nursing units several times per day. Previous hospital Food Service menu processing a plus. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health’s EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.