The Segal Company (Eastern States), Inc. Financial Services Liaison in New York, New York
About Segal Group (Segal):
For nearly 80 years, Segal has been providing employee benefits, retirement plan investment advisory and human resources consulting for multiemployer trust funds, corporations and public sector organizations. Segal is an independent, privately and employee-owned firm. Our independence allows us to provide unbiased consulting services for our clients. Headquartered in New York City, Segal has offices throughout the United States and in Canada. We are a smaller organization that provides a more intense and broader exposure for development purposes within a culture that is highly collegial and team-oriented. You will work with colleagues who are smart, professional, talented and...nice people. We offer a competitive pay and benefits package that includes a defined benefit and matching 401(k) retirement plans.
The Financial Services Coordination Department is responsible for revenue accrual, client billing, reporting new business and fee renewals, maintaining client matter information, some collections, distributing reports, monitoring time charges, and responding to requests and questions regarding financial information. In addition to providing support to New York Region business units, this position provides support to some national and special practice financial matters performed in the New York Office.
As part of the team, the incumbent will contribute to hands-on billing and collection efforts that are critical to the Region's profitability. The incumbent has the opportunity to interact with consultants and executive staff to identify billing opportunities as well as initiate and improve financial processes and activities.
- Assists the Financial Services Coordinators and consulting staff with client billing, accounts receivable collection, new business reporting and fee renewals (Notices of Agreements), client matter information (Client Financial Action Forms), report distribution, and the collaboration with staff members to make financial information readily available.
- Works well under direction and pressure demonstrating a strong sense of project ownership and commitment to meeting desired project outcomes within defined deadlines.
- Demonstrates flexibility and the ability to multi-task and set priorities within a fast-paced environment.
- Handles confidential and sensitive client information in an appropriate manner and brings anomalies to the attention of others in the need to know.
- Manages the billing system: coordinates internal client billing processes to ensure all procedures are executed accordingly. This includes tracking and accounting for all commission revenue payable by our clients. Creates and maintains Excel spreadsheets to track and initiate financial activity is a key responsibility.
- Provides assistance to other business operations as needed.
- Communicates effectively and articulately (both written and verbal).
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity