Barclays Finance Accounting Policy VP in New York, New York
Finance Accounting Policy VP
As a Barclays Finance Accounting Policy VP you will be a part of Barclays Technical Accounting Group (TAG). Your key responsibilities include, provision of accounting advice to other areas of the bank, partnering with finance and business units in relation to the integrity of the application of accounting policies, and identification and management of accounting risk.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
What will you be doing?
• Oversighting of technical accounting compliance for Barclays’ financial reporting for both Group and stand-alone legal entities
• Accounting issues management and resolution working across different businesses/areas of the bank and engaging multiple stakeholders
• Reviewing and approving of new products and complex transactions including contributing to transaction development
• Being responsible for implementation of new accounting standards and review and remediation as required for application of existing requirements
• Updating, maintaining and developing Barclays internal accounting policies
• Supporting for the design and delivery of technical accounting training materials to Finance colleagues, other support functions and front office
• Participating in industry forums to understand industry practice on interpretive or judgmental accounting policies
• Being responsible for oversight of technical accounting compliance for Barclays’ financial reporting for both Group and stand-alone legal entities What we’re looking for:
• CPA or international chartered accountant
• 5 + years’ experience of applying technical accounting requirements under US GAAP and IFRS
• 5 + years’ experience in Big 4 audit/advisory/national office and/or working in accounting policy in the financial services industry Skills that will help you in the role:• Good analytical skills and capability for self-directed research and work, which is required in order to resolve technical accounting matters
• Demonstrated good understanding of banking products and businesses
• Knowledge of technical accounting concepts: debt/equity, derivatives and hedging, derecognition, impairment, loan accounting and netting
• Knowledge of consolidation and revenue recognition under both US GAAP and IFRSWhere will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.
- Barclays Jobs