Google Developer Advocate, Storage and Database in New York, New York
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a similar technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of software engineering or development experience, with coding experience.
- Experience working with database or storage technologies, such as MySQL, Postgres, SQL Server, and/or NoSQL technologies.
- Experience working directly with partners or third party developers, and advocating or mentoring for new and existing technologies and programming languages.
- 7 years of software engineering or development experience, with coding experience.
- Experience in working as a Software Developer, Architect, Technical Advocate, Consultant, Community Manager, Product Manager, Chief Technical Officer, or Consultant working with various platforms.
- Relevant work experience speaking at technology conferences, blogging/writing technical articles with an existing follower base, or contributing to an open source project.
Developer Advocates for Google Cloud Platform (GCP) are experts who are passionate representatives of our technologies to our communities and vocal proponent of those communities back within Google. Our goal is to increase awareness, mindshare, and adoption of GCP. Advocates accomplish this by creating impactful and relevant content (e.g. blogs, presentations, demos, etc.) and engaging with communities (e.g. developers, people doing data science, etc.) online or at events.
To drive feedback back into the Product teams and improve our offerings, Advocates work closely with Product Managers and Software Engineering teams, helping to drive strategy around Developer Relations. In this role, you’ll help developers and architects understand how Google’s products can be used individually and together to support a wide range of legacy and “born in the cloud” workloads in a variety of enterprise and consumer areas.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Create plans and initiatives that create momentum and drive the success of Google Cloud Platform through your knowledge of, and interactions with key third-party technical communities.
- Advocate for a specified community internally and influence Google Cloud product strategy and craft narratives around new products and features by working with Product Management, Engineering, PR, Marketing, Business Development and other cross-functional teams.
- Build and foster an external ‘community ecosystem’ of influencers, meetups, experts that amplify our messages and extend our reach.