Yoh Services LLC Consumer Compliance Bank Examiner (Community Reinvestment Act)-264368 in New York, New York
Location: Remote & then candidates have up to 1 year to relocate to NYC. CLIENT WILL NOT ACCEPT H1'S OR SPONSOR.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
-PEOPLE OUT OF FDIC, OCC OR CFPB ORGANIZATIONS.
-SHOULD BE A "COMMISSIONED EXAMINER" WITH CONSUMER COMPLIANCE EXPERIENCE.
* Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree
* Examiner Commissioning
* CERTIFIED REGULATORY COMPLIANCE MANAGER (CRCM) DESIGNATION STRONGLY PREFERRED.
* EXAMINER COMMISSION REQUIRED OR ELIGIBLE TO COMPLETE PROFICIENCY TEST WITHIN SIX MONTHS AND HAS 3+ YEARS OF INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IN CONSUMER COMPLIANCE.
* Intermediate to advanced skills in at least two disciplines: regulatory supervision and consumer compliance matters
* Possesses and applies both specific and broad knowledge of principles, practices and procedures in regard to those specialties (above) when completing assignments
* Familiarity with the risk-focused supervision process and the examination process for domestic banks and bank holding companies preferred
* Ability to execute a variety of supervisory roles to support Consumer Affairs examinations.
Exceptional critical thinking skills with the ability to assimilate new information, manage multiple tasks and assess compliance risks * Proven team player
* Strong communication skills (verbal and written), including the ability to clearly articulate supervisory concerns, as well as the ability to stay focused on key messages to manage questions and discussions effectively during meetings.
* Ability to accept changing roles, responsibilities, work processes, assignments, etc.
Solid leadership skills with the ability to manage a team of examiners during examinations and provide meaningful performance feedback * Flexibility to adapt to new situations and work sites, including the ability to travel locally or domestically, overnight throughout the Second District and to other Banks as needed (up to 30% travel)
* Ideally, you will have relevant experience with a federal regulatory agency ( Relevant experience with federal regulatory agency (Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), FDIC, or financial services organization Compliance Department
* Consumer lending product knowledge (e.g., mortgage, auto, credit card), consumer lending life cycle knowledge (e.g., marketing, origination, pricing, risk and servicing), consumer regulation knowledge (e.g., fair lending, CRA, UDAP, TILA, RESPA), regulatory requirements of the Federal Reserve, OCC, OTS and/or FDIC
COVER LETTER PREFERRED - INDICATING HOW YOUR BACKGROUND ALIGNS WITH THE ROLE.
YOUR ROLE AS CONSUMER COMPLIANCE SR. ASSOCIATE:
* Conduct supervisory activities to determine banking organizations' compliance with regulations and statutes related to consumers, including fair lending and CRA and other supervisory activities such as monitoring and completing risk assessments. Ability to evaluate and report on moderate to complex regulatory matters
* Perform and supervise risk focused examinations, present findings, as well as prepare reports and workpapers that support exam findings. This includes the communication of findings to the Bank and senior bank management
* Assess compliance risk management programs and practices, internal audits and internal controls
* Participate in or lead department and system-wide task force committees and make recommendations related to supervisory/regulatory practices, policies, and proposals
* Conduct formal training on consumer compliance regulatory topics and act as a mentor for less experienced staff members
Yoh, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Click here:
to contact us if you are an individual with a disability and require accommodation in the application process.
Employer's Job# 289944
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.