Michael Baker International Civil Roadway Engineer I in New York, New York
WHO WE ARE
Supported by more than 3,000 employees in nearly 100 locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our clients include U.S. federal, state and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve our clients' complex challenges
CIVIL & ENVIRONMENTAL PRACTICE
Michael Baker International's civil engineering professionals manage and staff active projects in over 40 countries on five continents. Services are provided for a broad range of projects and capabilities, including highways, airports, bridges, rail and transit systems, government and commercial facilities, water and wastewater infrastructure, oil and gas infrastructure, and commercial/urban development. Our fields of expertise span all areas of civil engineering and include an extensive variety of specialty disciplines, such as environmental compliance and restoration, coastal engineering, urban development, and mining.
The best part being a Civil Roadway Engineer I in Michael Baker's New York office is that no two days will be the same. You will face different challenges every day, some of which will be extraordinarily complex. Most days will be spent in the office preparing quantities and construction cost estimates, technical reports and construction drawings as well as coordinating with technicians to ensure timely and accurate document and drawing preparation.
* You will work with Project Managers and oversee technical production of roadway and highway projects.
* You will review the work of other professionals - this includes QA/QC, mentoring, and training staff in the performance of job duties.
* You will feel a sense of pride in knowing that you are helping Michael Baker International provide innovative solutions to transportation challenges, big and small, and Making a Difference for the clients and communities we serve!
* Bachelors Degree in Engineering and 5-7 years of related roadway/highway design experience for one or more transportation clients including NYSDOT, NYCDOT, NYCDDC, NJDOT, NJTA, and/or PANYNJ.
* You will need a Professional Engineer's license in NY. Having one in NJ as well is a plus.
* To be successful, you'll need to be bright, organized, and determined; you'll also need to be able to build relationships with a wide variety of people. You will need the ability to multitask and prioritize competing project obligations.
* Excellent English language skills, written and verbal, are essential to long term success in this role.
* You'll need to be able to quickly get up to speed on our policy, procedures and relevant software while acquiring an understanding of the company's service offerings, and the client's standards and procedures relevant to your projects.
* Naturally, you'll need computer skills (Microsoft Office), with the ability to utilize CAD software like AutoCAD and MicroStation.